Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When There Are No Rallies ???  (Read 4140 times)
The Bluebird
Rally attendee

« on: August 30, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »

I've been pondering getting started with detecting for years, but still not ventured.  I have the following queries;

The rallies don't seem to come up that often so what does everyone do in the interim to get 'the buzz' ?

How often does everyone get out (the keen guys) ?

Thanks

Greg

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 09:16:55 PM »

Hi Bluebird, there are lots of Rallies going on, it’s a good idea to check the clubs near you to see what they are doing.
If you don’t want to go down that route, I can only suggest you have a look on Facebook, all you have to do is sign up to a group, there are loads e.g. “KC rallies”, “let’s get hammered again”, “heart of England” “broken spades” but you will need to travel and you will need NCMD membership for insurance about £8 a year.
The Rallies charge from £10 to £20 for a one day rally.
You can usually attend a rally every Sunday with the above and loads of others.
Hope this helps and good luck.
The Bluebird
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 09:31:18 AM »

Hi Bluebird, there are lots of Rallies going on, it’s a good idea to check the clubs near you to see what they are doing.
If you don’t want to go down that route, I can only suggest you have a look on Facebook, all you have to do is sign up to a group, there are loads e.g. “KC rallies”, “let’s get hammered again”, “heart of England” “broken spades” but you will need to travel and you will need NCMD membership for insurance about £8 a year.
The Rallies charge from £10 to £20 for a one day rally.
You can usually attend a rally every Sunday with the above and loads of others.
Hope this helps and good luck.

That does help, thank you so much.  Next question which is which detector do I get, budget around £800.  i'll need to look at the various threads on this, thanks again. 
Greg

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 10:25:33 AM »

Sorry Bluebird can’t help you with that without starting a war.
What I will say is that they all do the same thing because magnetic principles, mineralisation and physics dictate the performance, what you are paying extra for is bells, whistles style and vogue.
You will hear the phrase “you have to walk over it” and in my humble opinion that what dictates the great finds, not what detector you have, of course historic land and time spent increases your chances.
The Bluebird
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 01:28:51 PM »

Thanks again ;-)
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 10:04:11 PM »

I think to add to Greg - get a detector that suits you!

I've had detectors that some people swear by that I hate - and others that just seem to be good to me.

If you are new to detecting, then I'd probably buy one that had fairly simple controls to start with - I know that I bought an SE-Pro to start with which I just didn't understand - I only really learned how to detect when I got a T2. I almost threw the SE-Pro away, but then someone helped me set it up properly and I found a groat the same day.
Seasider

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 12:11:22 PM »

Also you might want to consider second hand, preferably from a dealer or someone you know. After about a year or more you may probably want to "upgrade"  based on your new knowledge and experience.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal