Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still detect a site where the owner wants everything?  (Read 9590 times)
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »

Just been reading previous posts, it reminded me of a permission in |Cornwall near where I would stay every year, I found one cut half and three hammies, I always show the landowner what I find ! I could see what he was thinking lol.
He wanted these coins, I said that first he would have to trust me, because I would take them back to Brecon and then have them recorded through Welsh museum ( mark Lodwick ) and then as I was due back down in Cornwall in following July ( 3 months away) I would bring them back.

He did trust me, and I did bring them back, not in July but September, I kept him informed in case he thought I was running lol. I told Mark that the farmer wanted the coins back, he indicated that it was unfair, the farmer wouldn't have the coins if it had not been through the time I spent detecting over 3 days !

When I finally got back to see the farmer, I said to him that I would like to keep the cut half as I didn't have many at home, and I put the remainder in separate coin envelopes, and said for him to pick two and I would have the one left.

He was happy with that, and things were left on an agreeable stance.

The bottom line with all our permissions, technically the farmer owns everything on his land, but before you start detecting you should always discuss an agreement before starting !
carling2

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 01:40:13 PM »

I agree and the bottom line says it all,, everything you find on any farmers land realistically belongs to the farmer,, if you want to build a collection to keep as soon as possible sort out the basics with landowner/farmer( remember Tennant farmers are not entitled to any finds but there landlord is,, very tricky situation especially regarding council owned farms)  get a contract in place wherever possible piece of mind for you and them  and hey if they then allow other people to detect on your permissions that you have a contract on it goes into the 3 for me 1 for them phase😁😁
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 10:54:55 PM »

I think in this case the problem is that the landowner isn't the one asking for things - it is his partner. In talking with his nephew (who I have known and worked with for 13 years), he said that basically they probably want a display so they can bring out at dinners to show their friends. When I showed the owner the gold hammered, he had some people round anyway and he showed them and they all made encouraging noises...not just about that but all the little things I found.

Quite rightly, I'm happy to provide locations of where I find things  - although there would be a limit to what I would record; I might indicate areas of massive amounts of rubbish; I think that would be useful for them.

I might see if I can put together a little group of things like the broken Georgian nutcracker, and the token, but as the nephew said, I go there in the hope of finding something - whatever that might be...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal