Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: just got in from beach trip number 7.mission acomplished  (Read 8785 times)
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »

hi  yes   at ismals last week, tried to post pictures actually but was unable for some reason, managed to post on the other sites though not sure why this is, lots of sand coming of but its hard work, lots of small copper washers nails, etc   etc, had a nice small longcross lead token, with triangles in each qtr, realy pleased with that and a shed full of lead  no jewelery, some club members do cefn sidan, they find rings etc there, will try and put the picture on again of the finds lastweek mickycoin  mick Grin Grin

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »

hi Mick looking forward to seeing the photo's you haven't been on the beach for a long time,have the sand moved a lot there then see you soon.Viv
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »

high peeps the mrs just been to the jewellers and he offered her £166 for this lot scrap.so mrs badgers poked him in the eye and left lol. only joking she kicked him in the plums lol

* scrap value.jpg (112.15 KB, 629x329 - viewed 420 times.)

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
tyna

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »

Mike - what's the total weight of the gold in grams ?  You can get £10 a gram scrap  Cool
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 02:37:32 PM »

not sure yet tyna,my cousin has got my scales.need to be able to make allowances for the stones as well.how they do that i dont know?when i get the scales back i will let you know.going back tonight its still under a meter at low tide 2.30 am

gold = loads lol
tyna

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »

Just talking from experience Mike - you don't necessarily need a particularly low, low, tide  !
Most of my best finds have been fom the high tide mark or just below.  I remember I had an 18ct diamond ring found as soon a I turned the detector on many moons ago and that was at the top of the beach!!!   Also the sovereigns came from the top of the beach.
Paul - my brother even had a sovereign and God knows he is a beginner !!!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:37:03 PM by Debbie » Logged
tyna

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »

I'm looking forward to you reporting that you've cracked the gold coins area Huh
Mark

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »

Fair doos Mike, thats quite a haul, well done

Omnia explorate; meliora retinete (BTKG)
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »

o.k tyna,cheers .would be nice to get gold coins lol.one day when i take j.c.b down there maybe lol.can gold fever be a form of ocd ? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:19:43 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

gold = loads lol
sandpiper

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »

well done Badger Grin youve done a months detecting in five days and fair play youv've got the rewards. That beach is the best its been at low water for 7 years and youve got to go when its good because once it fills in it may not return untill the next cycle which may be another 7 years. Shocked Shocked
 Youv'e got to invest in a small digital weighing scale their only about a tenner on ebay and you can work out yourself the scrap gold value -just google  current scrap gold values and they give you prices per gram .Armed with your weight and value you can haggle with dealers .Be sure to shop around - some buyers who like the ring with the stone will give you a price for the value of the ring which they will re-sell as a piece of jewelry - this will be higher than its scrap value.
Whatever you do don't be tempted to send your stuff away in an envelope to internet dealers -that could be dodgy.
If your interested there's a chap/girl  in Aberavon center -opposite argos he will re-sell good rings and give you a good price and he will give you cash there and then. Theres also a goldsmith/pawn broker along the same mall who will buy rings to re -sell they are pretty good too. Neil (admin) on this forum will buy gold and its worth giving him a PM . Best of luck and it will be interesting to see the results of your survey  can't wait - happy hunting

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »

;)cheers sandpiper will probably see you down there next month.went down there last night with mick and the beach was sanding up again ,i hardly got any targets,only fishing weights even though at the low tide line there was loads more mud exposed.wierd beach lol Shocked

gold = loads lol
tyna

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 12:06:24 PM »

o.k tyna,cheers .would be nice to get gold coins lol.one day when i take j.c.b down there maybe lol.can gold fever be a form of ocd ? Roll Eyes

Yes - obsessive compulsive detecting, but you do seem to have the Midas touch.  Keep it up.  Wink
I will find it

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »

Gold Finger.  I am green Sad   Let me borrow your machine! Grin
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »

you could borrow it in may if you want cos i've got 2 weeks work in turkey painting an apartment Smiley   tectin not allowed in turkey  Angry
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:10:41 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

gold = loads lol
I will find it

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »

Aw thanks Mike, only joking. I dont think I'd be able to use it. The Garrett is just about the limit weight wise.  Having said that if I see you on the beach I'll have a swing then.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal