Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales Rally Number 26 - The Rally of the Rings!  (Read 19966 times)
the sutt

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

there were lots of good finds found today, well done to every body myself i found nowt but my mate welshbreed had a little roman coin well done to every body that found.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:29:42 PM »

That ring is an absolute cracker Metalman. I knew there would be some Roman turn up! A great feeling to hold something thats not seen the light of day since its last owner about 1800 years ago!

I would enquire from your FLO or on here how to preserve the enamel to stop it cracking as it drys out. I personally don't know how to.

Congratulations on a lovely find mate.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Jeffc

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »

I'm afraid I chickened out after lunch with nothing of interest to show. many thanks to admin for NOT arranging parking in the field! Would probably be worth another trip there if we could manage less water above,on and in the ground!
doddy10

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 07:44:28 PM »

My highlight of the day was getting home to find a bath ready for me,roast dinner cooked and a coffee waiting  Smiley. Detecting was poor for me, lots of finds mostly lead, couple of roman grots and a big gold plated button that caused a few moments of elation ! Congratulations to everyone that found something good, weather was terrible but I still enjoyed it
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 07:45:50 PM »

Congratulations on all who attended the rally in those atrocious conditions

The finds today are mind boggling, well done all, i don't know where to start, so i won't !!!!!

I'm a bit lost for words ,that makes a change,

But all those finds will help me with my new project, research

Again well done all.

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 07:48:16 PM »

welldone neil on yet another great report my friend.thanks for all the time you take writeing these reports and takeing the photos out on the field your a great asset mucker..another great dw ralley.a wet one but still a great one.
uuuummmm i wont be entering this months coin and artefact comp.but welldone to everyone who has found today there where some real good finds today welldone all.
until nextweek all the best everyone.
raymondoo

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
metalman
Rally attendee

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »

Great Rally shame about the weather tho. Had 11 buttons 10 coins the oldest being a 1876 5 Centimes.A couple of bullets, 1 buckle and the ring. And this not sure what it is , can anyone identify?
Passingclod(Andrew)

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »

Hello
Great day out even tho a bit wet.I managed to winkle out some coins ,most unrecognisable, after cleaning i discoverd a george 111 halfpenny well worn and was happy with my Willie 3rd love token.
Thanks to all that organised the event.
cheers Andrew
metalman
Rally attendee

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »

That ring is an absolute cracker Metalman. I knew there would be some Roman turn up! A great feeling to hold something thats not seen the light of day since its last owner about 1800 years ago!

I would enquire from your FLO or on here how to preserve the enamel to stop it cracking as it drys out. I personally don't know how to.

Congratulations on a lovely find mate.

Neil
Thanks Neil, will do.
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »

soaked through,but battled on found a few grotty coins ,and 2 things i havent  a clue what they are,the coin shaped is approx same size and weight as a cartwheel penny 34mm wide,other object 35  mm long 10mm wide......well done to the organisers ,and some cracking finds made

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »

accompanying pics

legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 08:25:51 PM »

obverse of coin ?

jtalbot0001

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »

Many Thanks for a great day!! Just a shame the weather wasn't better, but considering it was hammering it down nearly all day, there were some great finds! Loving the gold rings, still can't wait to find my first one! And today I actually manged to put some faces to names so now I know who some of you are which is good! I had a picture of one of my finds taken and posted already, but I have taken it again, since there was so much mud on it. It was mentioned I found a James Hammered, this is incorrect and I was right in thinking it was a King Charles Ist Hammered, and there are two pics of the reverse and obverse , unfortunately I can't quite tell the Mint Mark. I found this 10 minutes into the start of the rally, so was pleased. I ended my day by finding a Silver Cufflink, Georgian I presume? There is a copper alloy artifact which I haven't a clue about, so if somebody could tell me what it is I would be grateful! Therer is a small tack still in place, so pleased it never came out when I found it, so I assume it was mounted into something? I originally thought it was a piece of post medieval pottery, but obviously this is not the case I think. Thanks Again, Jon

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
johnus brummieus maximus

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »

I would like to say a big thanks to all you welsh and others for making us Brummies so welcome, I would also like to say how nice it was to meet up with badger,napolean (hope next time he will cook lol) , Roman Ray and Tafflaff and sorry if I missed anyone out.I would like to say a big tnakyou to Steve for borrowing me his poncho I will have to clean it now for you, the rain never put me off infact I really really enjoyed it I came away with roman but worn,a silver 1892 ring, and two halfpennies yes fab and to finish it off my lovely wife had a chicken dinner ready for me for when I got in she must be after something, ho yes just remembered it's valentine day tomorrow.
Anyway great site cheers Neil your a star and im looking forward to meeting you all agin next week.

Married to wife Shirley have two children Jamie and Lewis do enjoy rallies skype: john.paul.williams2
wayno

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:24 PM »

Well done to you all that braved the rain today shows true commitment to your brilliant hobby.

Nice write up neil

Some really nice finds turned up today and i have never seen so many rings found anybody think we were on a beach.
Well done Steve(Metalman) with that crackin roman ring its a stunner mate.
here is my little contrubution for my day not much but i did enjoy.

thanks again to the orgarnisers of these rallies keep them coming

Wayno

2014 using ctx3030  TIMES OUT -12
Hammered --6
Gold rings --3
 Other rings 1                   
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal