Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raids On Historical Sites  (Read 1742 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: February 06, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »

Heritage chiefs will this week launch a national crackdown on thieves and vandals targeting Britain's national treasures. Growing numbers of attacks are being recorded on heritage sites ranging from the vandalism of prehistoric burial mounds to thefts from churches. Experts warn that it is resulting in the disappearance of priceless historical artefacts as well as multimillion-pound repair bills.

More than 40 organisations in Britain, including the National Trust, National Parks, British Waterways and other heritage bodies, have joined with police and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in a bid to curb the mounting threat.

A recruitment drive for special constables around the country to patrol and protect vulnerable heritage sites has been proposed, and a national database of crimes is being developed to identify trends and hotspots. Magistrates will be encouraged to treat heritage crime more seriously.

Dr Simon Thurley, the chief executive of English Heritage, said: "There is increasing evidence that the threat from heritage crimes is growing, and we need to do something about it. Things like arson, graffiti, and criminal damage scar beautiful buildings and debase the places we live in and enjoy visiting, Theft and illegal metal detecting take away physical evidence valuable to our understanding of the past. On top of that, property owners incur financial loss. If heritage crimes are not tackled better, we all stand to lose something of our history and wellbeing."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/raids-on-british-history-prompt-calls-for-special-heritage-police-2205740.html

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »

shall we put our names down to be specian c#ntstables  Roll Eyes

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

Interesting post Kev - not sure that The Specials are the answer though as they are generally Gangsters with a Racist Friend, who had far Too Much Too Young and would leave the heritage sites like a Ghost Town.

Jerry Dammers would be proud of me! Seeing them again in October!

Liven up yourself Rude Boy!
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 06:30:43 PM »

one step beyond Neil  Grin
Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »

I once met Jerry Damners in HMV in Coventry, in 1981.

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »

I think there's more serious crime they should be concentrating on.

Even when someone is caught for burglary they don't always go to prison yet they are calling for
persons comitting heritage crime to be dealt with 'more seriously'  Huh

They don't pay special constables who work for the love of serving the community and have invested 'powers of arrest', yet PCSO's (Plastic Police) get well paid and work full time have no powers of arrest. Makes you laugh!

This country out to get it's priorities right.  Roll Eyes

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »

check the news ,there are cutting back on police.less jobs ,more crime and they are making cutbacks lol .what a government lmao Cheesy

gold = loads lol
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »

why dont these archeologists/historians employ some of our retired and experienced members to go in with historian a couple of hours a week or when ever they are free to go in detect / remove and log the finds in these sites ,give them to local museums then everyones happy.sites cleaned out so no nighthawkers,some good detecting done legally by guys who know what they are doing and benefits comunity.when i'm king there will be be some changes lol Cheesy

gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal