Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales Rally Number 25 - the Farmer Phil Rally.  (Read 19966 times)
zorro
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 09:17:35 PM »

Great day , as usual, and some truly wonderful finds. i was lucky enough to see pipsters heraldic  pendant  and Mark's milled "Lizzie" but Jo's Charles 1st half crown was stunning. think someone "upstairs" was looking down on you two  Wink
thanks to old friendly faces for making it such a fitting day for Phil.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »

Grin i can sleep easy tonight as i can see there  were some cracking finds made and some money raised for farmer phils familly well done and thank you to everyone that attended im absaluteley thrilled  by the way the day turned out.well done to the dw crew for a cracking day even though i was not able to attend,im over the moon for you all.  

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »

Thanks paul your a star mate  Wink

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 09:47:58 PM »

Thanks for a cracking day out in good company. Lots of nice finds and some seriously nice ones!

Well done to the organisers. A great start to the year.  Cool

Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »

Wink  Pipster pendant is stunning welldone sir Pipster for this topgoodies wish you loads to come soon .

bonne chance.

Napoleon .
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »

my first dw rally , just like to say met some top people..and had a good crack ...what a site loads of goodies yielded............and bagged myself a hammy ....see you on the next one ...regards paul

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
briggs1969 ( Dawson )

Xp Deus

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »

some lovely finds made there  Wink thanks for a great day to guys  Wink

watch out there's foil in that soil Smiley
duggypuggy

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »

Thank you Farmer Phil for letting me and my son 16.5 dd Richard attend your rally today and sending us a dry and sunny day. RIP.
We would also like to thank all the organisers and stewards for giving their time to us and making it an enjoyable day.
ps.I have been called some names but ( iggle piggle).LOL
Ozzy Head

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »

A great write up about a great day for a great man! Mark, Kev and myself laughed all the way up in the car as we chatted about our dear friend Farmer Phil. It was nice to carry on that laughter with 90 other detectorists as we gave a round of applause to celebrate Farmer Phil before heading off to detect.
When we used to detect with Farmer Phil if we hadn’t found anything much by lunch time Phil would say ‘Don’t worry we’ll have a silver afternoon’ and we would!! Well this time I said it…….and we did!!!
The foil helium balloon was very strange……it was tangled in a tree and we watched as it untangled and  floated passed us, we noticed it said CONGRATULATIONS and we laughed and said It’s from Phil he’s congratulating us for finding our coins (at that point I had a few half pennys and pennys and mark had a shilling and a few others) We followed the direction of the balloon and the rest is history!!
It was nice to have people asking me to see my coin as I’m usually the one asking to see someone elses. Lots of great finds were found so well done everyone, Farmer Phil would be chuffed for you all!
A huge thank you to Neil and Geoff for making it all possible by organising this rally and to all who donated money, well done guys and girls!!
And a massive thank you to Farmer Phil……it was truly a pleasure!!

Metal Detectorists do it outdoors
shunggav

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 11:55:53 PM »

Some very nice finds there peeps good write up neil and also jo sorry could not make it broken me fingurs ,,,,,,,,well done

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
geordiefred

Bristol

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 04:59:20 AM »

Fantastic finds guys and girls, looks like you all had a great time well done all  Wink

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional
JRD

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »

Great day and some cracking finds - well done.

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
tyna

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »

Well done to all on the fab finds.  I just got a roman grot, unexciting coins, buttons etc..
Really pleased for everyone who shone and thanks for the memorable day - even though at the end of it I was on my knees and couldn't move!!!  Too tired even to get out of the car and look at the coin of the day (in my opinion) that Jo found even though she was only a few yards away - still I'm satisfied with the great picture of it Neil.
How does DW manage to get the sun showing at the rallies?  is it something to do with the twilight zone?
Not forgetting a big thank you to Ray for his warmth and big hug  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:18:32 AM by tyna » Logged
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »

A great write up about a great day for a great man! Mark, Kev and myself laughed all the way up in the car as we chatted about our dear friend Farmer Phil. It was nice to carry on that laughter with 90 other detectorists as we gave a round of applause to celebrate Farmer Phil before heading off to detect.
When we used to detect with Farmer Phil if we hadn’t found anything much by lunch time Phil would say ‘Don’t worry we’ll have a silver afternoon’ and we would!! Well this time I said it…….and we did!!!
The foil helium balloon was very strange……it was tangled in a tree and we watched as it untangled and  floated passed us, we noticed it said CONGRATULATIONS and we laughed and said It’s from Phil he’s congratulating us for finding our coins (at that point I had a few half pennys and pennys and mark had a shilling and a few others) We followed the direction of the balloon and the rest is history!!
It was nice to have people asking me to see my coin as I’m usually the one asking to see someone elses. Lots of great finds were found so well done everyone, Farmer Phil would be chuffed for you all!
A huge thank you to Neil and Geoff for making it all possible by organising this rally and to all who donated money, well done guys and girls!!
And a massive thank you to Farmer Phil……it was truly a pleasure!!

I was next to you when the shout went up!

It's the finest silver coin I've ever seen. A stunning beauty. And, beacuse of the memories I bet you never
sell it!

Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »

grub up at the DW rally........ Wink Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal