Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any club in Aberystwyth area?  (Read 6752 times)
fikys
Rally attendee

« on: January 09, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »

Hi,

I'm a new member of this forum. I'm actually new to the UK and Wales as well. After 10 years spent in the USA I moved to Wales and really enjoy here, but still can not understand well how to continue my metal detecting hobby here in the UK... I got permit to detect beaches but I also would like to detect some land and join a club in my area (Aberystwyth). Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs in my area that I could join? I also would enjoy to attend rallies but it seems it is better to join a club first to get some insurance? Thank you!   
saxonman

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »

HI FIKYS,not quiet sure how far you want to travel.Theres a new one  in Brecon just started up.Think the nearest one for you would be Pembrokeshire club.Caernarvon has one but Aberystwyth i think thats a no no.Your in In Gods Country up there Fiky. 
fikys
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »

Thank you, saxonman. I want to travel as far as I need to reach a closest club...Smiley) I did contact  Pembrokeshire club and was invited to attend their meeting in February. It is about 2h. drive for me. I still hope to find something closer to my area, if I can....
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »

hi mate,

there is a member of BreconMDC club who travels from Aberystwyth, I travel and maintain a student accomodation house electrically in Aber., if you re unlucky and find yourself behind a lorry might take 1.5hrs - 2 hrs, on a fairly clear road you could make the club driving like a detectorist possessed in an hour !

Pm Stred ( acting vice chairman ) on Dw i am sure he will furnish you with details. (surf around Dw forum should be able to find his details )

Hope you get sorted.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:48:58 AM by outlaw » Logged
fikys
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »

Thank you, outlaw!
I was on a teaching course and could not reply immediately. I will PM Stred about my options....
bob4shirl
Rally attendee

Have a great day

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »

I wish there was (Fikys and others Maybe)
My name is Bob I live in Machynlleth moved to the UK about 3 months ago from Australia 
I would LOVE to join a club but a 4 hour round trip is too far for me sorry to say .if you or anyone hears of a club closer I would like to hear about it Please .Can I ask you Fikys how did you get a permit to Detect the beaches ?? bob_shirl@live.co.uk
Bob

Shirley Christoffel
Robert Christoffel

Time gets away faster each day so enjoy every day
Stred (Steve)

Explorer XS

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »

Hello Bob4shirl,
If you google Crown Estate, the link will be there my friend.

Good luck with the hunting, as you said, Brecon would be around two hours for you.

Stred.

Just enjoy, life\\\'s too short.
ray homer
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »

hi fikys why dont you start your own club in your area,you may find a lot of people would attend,we visit aber for tectin a couple of time a year and we see a lot of people with tectors,give it a go,nowt to lose mate.
fikys
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »

Ray homer, well, maybe because I'm still new to this country and am quite busy setting up my lab at the University and with teaching as well. Unfortunately can not do everything I would like to...Smiley 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal