Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: **Gold today**  (Read 12511 times)
johnus brummieus maximus

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »

Many thanks for your reply Avalon I will say this before I finish, firstly it would be a great honour for me to have my name linked on a data base of finds which may link me to a find of worth such as Terry Herbert from the bloxwich club with the Staffordshire hoard.I also beleive that these items must when found stay in the country of origin and passed on to the museums for our children and childrens children even if the money can not be found for it's value, because it is our history it is what and who we are.What I will not put up with is petty childish teenage adults making accusations behind ones back to officers so as to hide behind them.
You will get to the truth if you make a prosecution as the relevant court will make a request for the relevant departments to ask their witnesses to come forward this can be forced upon them against there will by the request of the court in question, and they will be in contempt of court if they do not, and if they lie they will be in contempt of court which in their case would be purgery the only way to shut these worms up is to bring this case mark my words I would not repeat not hesitate I hate these sort of people.

Married to wife Shirley have two children Jamie and Lewis do enjoy rallies skype: john.paul.williams2
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 07:51:42 AM »

As for recording finds with the P.A.S, 5 years ago I handed a box of 800+ items to our local finds officer  to record, all these object were medieval/Roman, 2 years later after countless phone calls, I asked for the box back, as not one item had been recorded. It seems to me they are only interested in Treasure items and  when faced with the amount of finds I provided them, could not be bothered to do the paperwork.  

One wonders how Mark Lodwick would respond to a box numbering 800 items being handed to him and how long it would take him and Cardiff Museum to record it all. Roll Eyes

I think it a shame you use a DW forum to knock the Pas system,  Alan stated an obvious response to anyone (tectorist) who chooses to advertise recordable finds on an internet forum that the arkies are also able to view.
I for one have a brilliant relationship with Brecon museum and so do the majority of detectorists and clubs in Wales with their respective flo's.

So in my opinion you want to tell the world you have found gold, then you should act responsibly and without all this dialogue trying to substantiate and justify why you will not.

Incidentally i apologised recently for handing over  12 items to be recorded  destined for Mark Lodwick, knowing and accepting that due to his work load, i probably will not see them for a couple of months !

If anyone is stuck id'ing an artifact or coin, the ukdfd finds data base is a fantastic vehicle of pictures and info, and they do record some items that Pas don't.  Though I am not sure whether the ukdfd is recognised officially with Pas. if it is not, well it is a shame in my opinion.

Forgot to add lovely find m8, i would be well chuffed  Grin

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:55:34 AM by outlaw » Logged
silverhand

but it was there a minute ago

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »

crackin find steve another good un

hammerd this year 0
hammerd last year 1

overall targets looks like i need to find more hammerd coins
benny

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »

I've never personally had a problem with the PAS But as outlaw just said"the arkies are also able to view"-wouldn't it be nice if some stepped forward from the shadows and helped us out with ID's and preservation of finds on this site being they are experts-that would go a long way in making the relationship between us all a lot happier.
Just a thought.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »

As far as I'm aware Outlaw UKDFD did approach PAS with the idea of making the data available to them but PAS turned it down. I can't remember the details now, but I'm sure the Doc will have better knowledge of this.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal