Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The start of a new year on pastures with Jaydogg - 2nd January 2011  (Read 2748 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 02, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »

A couple of late night drunken texts between Jaydogg and myself last night resulted in a 10am meet for our first detecting session of 2011! Unfortunately, I forgot to text my brain and so didn't rise out of my sack until gone 10! Its the first time I have been late to meet him in about 5 years as detecting buddies - so a quick phone call and we arranged to meet in the field.

When I finally got my lazy ass there, I was rewarded with First Blood as a silver spoon bowl fell to me! Woohooo - first silver of 2011 - that the monkey off my back - no pressure now for the rest of the year!  Grin(2008 bizzarely took 3 months for any silver of any kind to turn up! Shocked). I would hazzard a guess that "it has a bit of an age to it" and would appear to be inscribed - more cleaning needed.

Jaydogg was busy for the next hour finding coppers and a lovely looking cartwheel penny - that we both seem to find a Hell of a lot of. Amazes me that some people have never found one - there again though we all have the finds that are illusive to us. Normally at this point I would rib Cheffy about his lack of crotal bells, but alas that door was closed late last year!

Shortly after his cartwheel I found for me the Find of the Day in the shape of a cast copper alloy double loop buckle with a molded knop, circa 1500-1650 according to the Lord of all things buckle related that is Ross Whitehead. Anyone who knows me is aware that I love finding buckles even more than hammered coins, so I was well pleased with this find.

Onto other fields at a different farm and and a few finds turned up including a 1862 Vicky penny, live bullet and a few more coppers.

At the end of the day I was approached by a farmer who wanted to know what we were up to. I explained that JayDogg had permission for the fields and I was with him. The farmer wandered off to find Johnny, and it turned out we had strayed by no fault of our own into the wrong fields. Jaydogg in fairneess to him managed to smooth talk the farmer and as a result - we have gained some new land! Wink A good result all round. Well done Jay!

Not our best day out, but it was good to feel the fresh air and blow away the hangover!

Heres to a 2011 full of Detecting Finds

Neil
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:31:21 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »

Vicky

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

You and your buckles !  Grin .

Good start to the year Guys!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »

A good start to the year Neil, lets hope for a lot more in the coming weeks  Wink

Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:06 PM »

welldone on getting silver neil first time out in a new year great stuff fella..yes i like the buckle too butty.a great start for the new year mate..and welldone jaydog to great stuff guys keep it up.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »

well done there - good day out, great finds and new land!

things can only get better!!!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
benny

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 09:29:08 PM »

Can't blame you for loving buckles mate great artefacts,I'm definately more pleased with an artefact over a coin! Good start to 2011 and hope the goodies continue coming your way!
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:22 AM »

Grin  tres bien Neil, love the buckle in my wish list for this year , keep the good work mon ami . nordine.
welshbreed

CTX 3030 and ETRAC backup

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »

hi neil could u please ask if jaydog as still got the battery for sale if so could u ask him if i can buy it off him ? i have send loads of pms but no reply many thanks mate .... steve

2016 finds:-
2 x hammered
2 x roman coin
x roman brooches
12 x silver milled coins
0 x celtic coins
tons of lead
handfull of grotties
x gold coins
0 x gold ring
0 x silver ring
shunggav

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »

GOOD REPORT NEIL THE SILVER SPOON LOOK AT FIRST LIKE A FLIT ARROW HEAD WELL DONE CHAPS

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal