Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Farmer Phil  (Read 26718 times)
waltonbasinman
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »

What an absolute loss to life. A true genuine caring human being. A massive loss to all who knew him and the detecting community. Why, Why, Why,,,,,,,, Phil you were and always will be a true gent sir. Have many a tale to tell about days out with Phil and how he bought together such a great bunch of people for a days detecting on many an occasion. A more caring sharing person you will not have met. I miss you Phil.
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

I just dont understand why Phil . He  was a true gentleman always want to help Phil you will be remembered has a top man . All my sympathy goes to Phil family with a lots of respect for a unique  and generous  Phil.you will be truly  missed .i dont know wat to say i am so sad right now .que dieux te protege mon ami . Nordine . Michelle  and familly.
dkcrooby

(Shianne)

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »

Oh no!  I had only just met Phil at the last rally and was really looking forward to seeing him at the next one.  And just before Christmas too.  Such very sad news.  Sad
hangova
Rally attendee

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »

i would like to say rest in peace and bst wishes to his family and friends..im sure he will be chatting to the ancient leaders who embossed the coins we all search for...
you will be sadly missed
the detecting scotland members!!!

big yellow doorbell!!
James

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »

very sad news, rest in peace Phil. my condolences go out to his family

Not to brag but I get Hammered weekly! usually on a Friday night !!!
aikonbizz
Rally attendee

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »

I am struggling to take in this sad news.
I had the good fortune to park next to Farmer Phil, Melonhead,Jo, Casa & Anne at both Ludlow rallies and (having been mistaken for the FLO at the gate !!!) as a lone female newbie was fighting the urge to clear off back home PDQ when Phil & the gang made me so welcome I stayed and enjoyed every minute. After Ludlow 2 when I found nothing but trash he emailed to check I got home OK and not to be discouraged. Then when I found my first hammy (I have only found 3 coins) guess who emailed to congratulate ?? He was a credit to this hobby & DW.
My heart goes out to his family and all his friends  - he will be missed by so many people.
I would also like to support the idea of a rally in Phils memory.

benny

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »

Thats terrible news. Only spoke to him briefly at a couple of rallies but he seemed a decent,honest man. Will miss not getting to know him better at future rallies.
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »

what really sad news at this time i can't add any more than whats been said but he will be missed by me for sure we used to have many a chat and nothing was to much trouble to say he will be missed is an understatement my condolences go to the family.Viv
zorro
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »

I would also like to add my condolences to the family and friends of one of the nicest and friendliest blokes you could wish to meet. He was an absolute gent in every sense of the word.
R.I.P. Phil.....mate
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 01:03:52 PM »

a true gent in everyway, a great detecting friend ,we will all miss you Phil.
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »

oh god , seen this picture is so sad , thinking it was yesterday i was talking to him and now will never see Phil again , i do think a special rally should be done to pay respect for Phil ,and familly , i am up for it and hope a big numbers of DW members will agree, Please lets organise this events or even contribute some money for Phil family one of the other will be very nice gesture and that show how DW members are good people .

Thank you.

Nordine.
Mark

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »

I don't think I really ever spoke to Phil; mores the pity, as judging by people's comments he seems to have been a nice bloke who was well liked.  I think a rally to raise funds for Phil's family is an excellent idea and I would attend if it were to go ahead.  My condolences to Phil's family and friends. 

Omnia explorate; meliora retinete (BTKG)
melonhead

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »

i reconise the rally from that photo kev its ludlow i can see aikonbizz's  (lynne) passat in the background that was a good one im sure you had a hammerd each and aikonbizz was over the moon with a edward sixpence
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »

I am off to Farmer Phil's funeral in half an hour. Can't believe it. Last chance for me to pay my respects to a true gentleman, Phil, I feel honoured to have known you and detected with you mate. R.I.P.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »

FARMER PHIL funeral went off really nice for him earlier today,myself Auntie Ann,Melonhead(Mark)& mark's wife Jenn,Waltonbasonman(Paul) Beachboy (Viv) Jonola(Jon) all attended ,a great turnout for Phil and a very nice service at the church, as i had wrote a note to be read out in church for Phil ,but not the type to get up in front of people, our good friend and detecting m8 Waltonbasonman (Paul) got up and read it in church also Paul added a few words to it himself , i would like to thank Paul for doing this for me and for Mark ,i know he will not what me to thank him as Paul thought a hell of a lot of ( Farmer Phil) Phil himself. Paul spoke very well in church and i was proud and Phil would have be proud of him as well. ........... a great send off for Farmer Phil i must say. R.I.P. PHIL.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal