Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Detecting finds from 2010 . . .  (Read 8254 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: December 20, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »

I normally post a medley of my previous years finds at the start of January, but as I have no chance of getting out detecting now until the New Year and I am home with the lergy - a few of this years finds. Nothing overly special, but a few interesting items.

Anyone else snow bound and want to join in with a years show and tell - feel free to post.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
trojan

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »

awesome finds
my favourite is the pigeon ring with the leg still in it lol

E-Track CTX 3030
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »

Some nice finds there Niel  Wink Lets hope 2011 is as fruitful for you, As you say I think its going to be the New Year before we can get out again. Bloody snow  Angry
I will try and get some of this/last years finds posted later... And maybe just maybe 2011 will be the year I find my Bullhead silver .......... PLEASE......  

Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »

neil..
lovely collection of a 12 months finds my friend..you do ok with that explorer of yours mate..i remember the pigeon ring my land chepstow february right lol..the same day you had that lovely silver ring neil..i hope you have a great start and many more great finds in 2011 mucker..
welldone neil top detecting fella..great stuff.
raymondoo

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »

Lovely display Neil, and nice to see some of the finds as I was there when you recovered them. You did well on the milled silver this year.
Strangely I was thinking of starting a "pessimistic" post this morning, regarding my detecting being over for the year due to the weather but I need 1 more Hammy to give me an average of one a month, so I'm holding back for a couple of days in the vain hope that we may get a thaw.
Watch this space Roll Eyes
Dodger

Badgering away

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »

Nice finds there. The little figure between the roman brooch and the French franc, is a Joan the Wadd charm. I think its Irish but don't know the story behind it. Found an identical one some years back. Smiley
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »

You are spot on Dodger - well spotted - even says her name on the back. I believe she was the consort (bit on the side) for Jack O'Lantern

Thanks for the comments guys - there are indeed a few memories of days out there Ray and Chef. I've done rubbish on the hammered coins this year - with only four which is a personal low. Not been out as much this year though, and I've had the problem of having Ray with us quite often who tends to get to anything made of precious metal before anyone else! Grin

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »

That's very true Neil, Ray is the magpie amongst us. Maybe we could rig something up similar to the way that travellers tether their horses when grazing, on a long rain attached to a spike. Then we could let him detect in circles. Roll Eyes Undecided Grin
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

I've just realised that this will be the only opportunity to show them all together as I'm off to drop some of these to the FLO tomorrow.
A bit of a rushed flash shot so apologies for the poor quality.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:51:36 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

wwwoooowww welldone to you to chef.you have.nt done bad yourself butty.some lovely finds there my friend..
coins and artefacts geoff.again welldone geoff keep it up next year mucker..you.ve had more hammereds than me..lol.
raymondooo.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Mark

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 01:19:26 AM »

An excellent show of finds Neil and Geoff, if I get a chance I'll post some pics of my finds tomorrow.   Smiley

Omnia explorate; meliora retinete (BTKG)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:47 AM »

Great shot Geoff with the Crotal Bell sitting pride of place. Love the BA spear head - its a cracker mate.

Come on guys - loads of us are snowbound - knock up a quick photo. Doesn't matter what the content is - we all have good years and bad years.

Neil

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

Heres one I prepared ealier. Some beach finds. Will see what I can do with the rest of the crud later.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »

Sorry forgot the pici. Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »

Paulywow is having a photographic "blond moment" so has allowed me to post up a montage of just a couple of his finds from 2010. Enjoy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal