Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: denarius & hammered  (Read 6578 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »

The basic rule of thumb is that the higher the frequency (above 12KHz) the more sensitive the machine is to very small items but does not penetrate the soil as far as the lower frequency (circa 7KHz) which are better at larger and deeper targets. For instance the Nautilus I'm currently trying out runs at 14 KHz and found that tiny piece of a hammered coin the other day at about 2" with a good signal, had I been using the G maxx running at 4.6 Khz it may of missed this piece but have found a whole hammered penny far deeper.
The minelab eureka is made to detect tiny gold nuggets and runs at 60 KHz. But all these "rules" are effected by the size of the coil.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:11 PM »

My mother used to tell me about the German POW that used to work on the farms around Cwmbran, apparently they were very well mannered and gentlemanly.
I used to know a few people from Italian decent around the Bridgend area whose farthers' or grandfarthers had been POW's and after the war had gone back to Italy to fetch their wives and make a home here.
This is a sculpture that was made by an Italian POW and is a well known land mark on the road to Wells.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 08:05:43 AM »

Thanks for info Geoff and Val, much appreciated indeed. I think there's a lot more to come out, of the work of PoW's in the community in WW2... perhaps i'll research it when i retire!

oh - find attached the lates pics taken by a good friend of mine who has all the camera gear.

enjoy

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal