Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales Rally in Rooksbridge Number 23 - The Toilet Humour Rally . . .  (Read 16298 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: October 10, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »

Detectingwales.com headed back to Rooksbridge today to see what our Medieval ancestors had let behind.

We were under the impression earlier in the week from the farmer that we had the same very productive fields as in 2009, but alas on arrival things had changed. This was due to the crop coming through earlier than expected. It was great to see though that nobody ventured onto the fields they shouldn't have and that as always we all honoured the farmers wishes. As usual Well Done Guys - its what helps give us a good name with the farmers.

The day started misty and rather chilly, but following the usual pep talk we were off into the fields that consisted of two stubble, a freshly ploughed {too fresh in my mind} and a couple of pastures.

As we headed off the sun started to break through, and it turned into a glorious day with glowing sun-kissed faces for everyone by the end. Well they do say that "The sun shines on the righteous!"

I headed off to the large freshly ploughed and found it particularly hard going - the Minelab isn't a great fan of fresh plough and to be honest I struggled in there. My only find of note on the pathway was a  Medieval bronze Plum Bob - for building walls - pretty certain that what it is anyway. I've seen it before in Treasure Hunting magazine I think.

So after a brief visist to one of the pastures I headed back to the car park field to find news of hammered coins! Shocked

The first of the day fell to DavTec and took the form of a lovely condition and undated Lizzy. Well done on a great example.

Next medieval coin fell to the ever faithful Doc and was accompanied by a Krauwinkle Jetton.

That wasn't the only jetton though as Shungav also had found one and his dad keen to out do Junior had a equal armed cross in his hand. A really interesting bronze item. Its definately not one of those wooden ball lead inserts that so often turn up and is one for the FLO to confirm.

Bobkoi was busy producing more hammered coins and had two to show. The one was a bit battered but the legend should be ligible after a bit of TLC to see who it is.

Chef was spotted punching the air in the distance and rightfully so as he had found a sweet little silver ring. Waiting to see if there are any hallmarks on it. A well deserved find for a smashing guy.

Mark pulled out a full silver sixpence of 1916, RJM (who recently graced the pages of Treasure Hunting - nice article mate) had produced a Half Crown of 1927. An important year to both Bob and myself - Cardiff City reference for those wondering! Another chap had found probably the most biazzare coin of the day in the form of a coin from Trinidad and Tobago dated 1966 (an equally  important day for English football fans but I can't for the life of me remember why!) Roll Eyes

Meatslicer arrived with his first full hammered coin - it being I think of James 1st. Well done Eric - welcome to the hammered club. He was quickly followed by Adesace who had travelled down from Wolverhampton and been rewarded with a cut half.

A nice hat pin arrived for someone else along with a few pennies, farthings and musket balls, which inevitably turn up where ever we go.

For the first time ever DW provided Rally site toilets which were advertised as the latest in outdoor privies! Wink I happened upon an oblivious TaffLaff trying it out.

The end of the day saw me leaving with just a few members still in the fields. A great day out, although initially slow on the finds front, it still resulted in 10 hammered coins and a selection of milled coins and artefacts. the wildlife was equally stunning and I loved watching a heron fishing - who knew full well I was there, but was happy to let me watch him.

Cheers one and all - Roast Beef time now.

Until we meet again

Neil

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:08:49 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

More . . .

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »

Again . . .

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »

And again . . .

Have added the hammered that came up towards the end
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:45:07 PM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »

Again . . .

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »

Last ones for now.

Feel free to add any more

Cheers
Neil

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »

very nice finds.i am definatly going to come to one your rallies when i am not so busy with work.

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:08 PM »

thx or a good day everyone -- i'll post our pigeon ring and military button tomorrow!!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
nomad

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 07:09:56 PM »

great write up neil ..as always..i had i nice day..a few bits and bobs.. not lucky with silver this time..but hey..thanks goes again to the boys that organise the rallys without whom ..we would be doing household chores at home ... thanks you lot.. also nice to have met some new peeps..including geordie fred ..who is always so supportive of the others..and a right laugh with rroman ray and pipster..guiness and pipster are not made in heaven..lol
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »

Excellent day out yet again , thanks to all the organisers , you know who you are, Great to chat to everone , makes up for a blank day , cracking report Neil, as i said  i didn't find anything today , well not metal anyway, those bloody bead thinks will hound me now,,,, Oh !!! one thing i found out today ,

If you dig a big enough hole , everyone comes to take a look,,,,, thanks to everyone that came to help dig the Phantom silver signal ,,,,,, should i have kept going ,,, it was those bloody beads,,,, i might regret giving up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:18:37 PM by Terra (Mike) » Logged

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Stred (Steve)

Explorer XS

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »

very good write up again Neil, some very nice finds and congratulations to those who found them.
Second Nomad on thanking organisers of the rally, loud applaud.

Nice to meet new people.

Just enjoy, life\\\'s too short.
adesace

If I was a rich man

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »

Just like to say what a great day and i really enjoyed myself. Great meeting people with the same interest. Rob's toilet manners could have been better. Shocked Shocked...Thank you Grin Grin

Ade
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »

Great report neil and what a great day we had again - well done DW for the organisation and sorting the weather Wink

Bobkoi's second hammered is one of these:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=14964&cat=38
dave l
Rally attendee

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »

thanks mike for introdusing me to all.... great day had to leave early... very good setup well organised will definitely go again cheers all

Dave
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »

Super report again Neil, Yet again a great day, not a lot for me this time  but still enjoyed my day out,
Thank you all.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal