Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Roman but no ring until next year  (Read 1903 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »

Well the lost wedding ring that I have been trying to find and have got sidetracked by all the Roman finds that have come up off the same field is now sowed and out of bounds until next July.
So I thought I would pop and see the farmer who owns the next field across the railway lines to see how far the Roman finds continued, I duly got permission but also got the bad news that his land had been regularly detected by the Weston club for over 20 years.
Well naughty naughty because nothing has been recorded for any of the land in the immediate area but of course most of the good finds could of been made pre-PAS days.
I was out on the field of interest (17 acres) for aprox 4 hours, in which time I managed to recover 2 x Georgian halfpennies, 4 pot mends and various other pieces of lead and copper scrap, all of which were positive signals and all could of been coins. So I was more confident that although this field has been detected many times it hadn't been detected well.
But as my 4 hours were nearly up, my head began to droop with the realisation that this was pasture and any Roman finds could be out of range.....when from 3" this little beauty popped up, so the hunt goes on in a Roman landscape that is just getting bigger.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »

Persistence pays, they say, Geoff. Praps the ring will come up on an ear of corn next year and you an go and 'pick it' Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:26 AM »

Maybe Val, It's ironic that I have found rings on on the last two Sundays, but still not the one I want.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »

There's still a 3 stone diamond ring somewhere on Saundersfoot beach. I keep hoping and waiting for the sand to go back to Devon  Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal