Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: German field prussian find  (Read 3325 times)
Wildboar
Rally attendee

« on: September 29, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

Since many people are eager to see what is happening on the fields elsewhere here is a nice little goodie to start with.
The Translation reads 3 good penny - A - is minted in Berlin and the reverse is FR with a crown - signature of the Prussian King Friedrich the II. The coin is silver.

Sometimes exotic things are found in German soil...
Here is link to a series of pictures from north eastern Germany. At times some archaeologists invite some detectorists and the result is fabulous http://www.welt.de/wissenschaft/article9419966/Der-Silberschatz-vom-pommerschen-Acker.html
1400 years old Arabian coins in east Germany!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:03:59 PM by Wildboar » Logged
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »

thats a very nice coin wildboar... Wink....nice find......byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:04 AM »

That's a lovely looking find Wildboar, great condition. Keep showing us those finds.
shunggav

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »

well done thats a nice find

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »

Wunderbar,,,,, what a lovely coin .

What are the rules for detecting in Germany , i have been told some strange stories.

Mike

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Wildboar
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »

Dear Mike, the rules are different in different districts. In many areas it is forbidden and you'll be fined up to 400€ if you are caught and the police has no mercy. In the vast majority of cases you are just requested to leave the field. Detecting in the forest is forbidden and can cause more harsh reactions.
There is a lot of discussion and tension between the official civil service archaeology representatives and people who like to metaldetect. In some districts the frontiers have softened up and you can be come a volunteer cultural heritage caretaker. You' ve to do several weekend instruction seminars wait a while, assist at excavations and finally get your paper. Now you can go searching on fields. You've to document your finds and if you find something of scientific value it belongs to the state and you get no compensation. In 3 districts Bavaria, Nordrhein Westfalen ad Hessen the state gets nothing (if it is private land) but the find is divided between the owner of the land and the finder.
Very stern are the rules in Baden Wuertenberg. No searching, no digging and tough officials.
The detectorists here are not that organized like in GB. We Germans like to create clubs but if something is forbidden how can you create an official club? Still some sort of clubs exist and recently groups of detectorists have been called to help with archaeological searches. The big bang that has changed the whole public notion of detecting and attention from legal authorities was the find of the famous skydisk of Nebra http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebra_skydisk with a detector and the attempt to illegally sell it. After that the whole community of detectorists was more perceived as robbers selling the finds of cultural history for personal profit. At times this hobby is portrayed in the TV as a forbidden method to substantially boost your monthly income with up to 2000€.
In the long run I think more a more sane attitude will prevail and some sort of detecting permits will be issued.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »

very nice coin fella.welldone great find.
ray.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »

Thank you Edgar ,

Your information just confirms what i have heard, its a a shame, it is my opinion that all these regulations and rules just restrict the ongoing historical research in your country,

Over here in UK, many amazing artefact's are found by us Detectorists these enhance historical research and help expand the boundaries of knowledge, however we are still frowned upon by archaeologists, who claim we do more damage to their research that good

We too have problems with illegal detectorists, they are called Nighthawkers in the press over here, they raid sites of historical importance at night, and sell their finds for profit.

I hope that things get sorted out in Germany , i would love to detect over there, but without having to worry about being in the wrong.

Cheers Mike

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal