Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Llanelli at weekend wanderers 2010  (Read 7746 times)
zorro
« on: September 13, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

Friday morning saw 8 members of our club make the trip to West Hanley, the site of last years Saxon burial rally.
Steve (hammered steve), Cliff, Richard (16.5DD), Mick (mickeycoin) , his son James, James' son and Mick's grandson Dylan, viv (Beachboy) and myself all set off at the crack of dawn. We arrived and camp (4 tents, gazebo,table, chairs and kitchen) were all set up before 09:30....
after a few hours in the 2 fields available we returned to put on finds on the table. The winner was Dylan, aged 7 , on his first ever day's  detecting with a cartwheel penny, he also found the remains of a glass pot that were identified as being over 300 years old. There were some pretty glum faces around the camp fire that night i can tell you, mainly because he kept taunting us with his "treasure". a few drinks were needed to keep out the cold.
saturday morning, we wake to find a black bin liner full of empty beer cans and our weekend supply of beer nearly exhausted....my belief is it was a fox had entered our camp and helped himself...crafty animals are foxes!
saturdays finds were hammered Charles ll groat for Beachboy, saxon strap end for me, cut half for James (John i think), several pieces for Cliff and the biggest icecream ive seen for steve, and a hangover for Mick i think!
saturday night saw Richards private stash of Stella being raided (in a crisis all hand to the deck so to speak) cliff however was convinced that his bottle of rum was evaporating as it kept shrinking in the bottle every time he took a swig...you work it out Wink
sunday morning.. Mick's spade went missing, cant blame the foxes this time, some b*st*rd swiped it, we also learned there were a few other theft incidents that night. wish we could have caught them. Anyway sunday finished with a few more roman grots from richard and another hammered.
all in all pretty poor finds in general but a great weekend away with the club.
star of the trip has to be Dylan, our newest member, and if his mum is reading this he was in bed by 7:30 every night and if he's "learnt" a few more words he didnt know before....it was the people in the next tent.
to all that went thanks very very much....great time!
pic 1:- L to R.James , me ,Viv, Steve Richard, Cliff and Dylan
pic 2:- the flag proudly waves!
pic 3:-Mick (away from the galley for a change) , Steve, Viv and Dylan
pic 4:- Steve's best find all weekend!
pic 5:- night time in camp. notice no one near "kitchen" when Richard cooking...dont ask, but recipe wil NOT be on master chef!!
zorro
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:25:45 PM »

cliff AFTER the rum had "evaporated"  Huh
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:15:25 PM »

Great post Kev - sounds like it was a fun trip!

Thats bloody naughty someone thieving a spade - you get those types in all walks of life.

cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »

Excellent Kev , sounds like you had a great weekend ,wish i could have been there , my sort of weekend,,,, what machine was the young lad using ?,,,, ( i could do with one that finds things ) lol

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »

Great report Kev  Grin
Im glad i didnt come find you all for a beer now.
Coz you didnt have any left greedy buggers ! lol

Regards
Phil
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »

great write up kev, we all had a great weekend looking forward to next year already, but will have to be a different farm %100 on that score. there are a few pics of yours truly missing, the one with the furry hat,??  once again kev you have done a great write up on the rally a big thanks from all that went mickycoin  mick Grin Grin

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:11:49 PM »

looks like you all had a great time up there kev.... Wink....nice write-up and pics too.....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Kev, great write up and a brilliant weekend, did the photo of cliff washing the essentials come out Grin Grin.Viv
zorro
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:07:12 PM »

Firstly the picture of Cliff washing his "bits" in the washing up bowl will NOT make the write up....sorry ladies.
secondly the git that stole Mick's spade was probably the same git that stole a waterproof jacket from David, of swansea club.
lastly Dylan was using a Garrett 250 i believe.
pic 1 Mick's wishful thinking
pic 2 Myself after half a tray of fosters had "evaporated"...it was very hot on saturday
pic 3 The main man himself Dylan with his "treasure"..a cartwheel penny.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal