Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit of very basic help.  (Read 2856 times)
Jamesflood
Rally attendee

« on: September 10, 2010, 07:55:32 AM »

Ok, im pretty new to this, ive found a few coins on a bech so far (just our money and an american coin) but i really dont think im doing it correctly.

I have this metal detector:

TS-150 Metal Detector. http://www.e-sun.cn/en/d.aspx?pht=389

Im not sure if im setting it up correctly. Can someone just put it in basic simple terms of how to get this up and running so its running effectivley?

Everytime i seem to go to a lower part of the surface, the noise comes on. Like travelling down a slope to lower ground.

I just need to some easy to understand insttructions on how to get this working Smiley

Thankyou

If your going through Hell - Keep going.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:56 AM »

Hi James

I'm new to the hobby too and don't know much. Some of the Guys will probably tell you book and verse what to do with your detector.  All I  know is that some don't work at all well on wet sand but are fine on the dry. Does yours have a beach setting. If so select it and turn down the disc to cut out the rubbish. I find a litttle less sens. works better as well.
Don't dispair. Know how you feel.  Went out myself yesterday and came home with another load of lead weights and one coin, Goerge V1. That surprised me. It was near the top of beach, on wet sand, by some rocks at 1in

All the best      Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Jamesflood
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »

I went down Caswell and Langland and was getting stressed because I didnt know if it was working or not. As one point i buried a few coppers down about half a foot to see if it was working Tongue

I need to do some field work I think but need a buddy to do it with.

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »

Hi James, I have downloaded the instructions and given them a read, but unfortunately they are the usual Chinese translation and don't really make much sense unless you are looking at the machine.
I presume from what you are describing that the ground balance is drifting as you change location, this should be easily rectified by pressing the retune button, and as Val has suggested turn down your sense to about half way which may help stop it drifting in the first place.
I can't be any more help from a distance but as you are going to the rally on the 26th, I'll be able to give you more help then.
Jamesflood
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »

I think that the more I play with it the easier things will become for me to understand. I have the manual, but its not the type of manual which is as easy as 1...2...3

Yes I will definatley be attending the rally, and am looking forward to seeing everyones gear. I need to show the misses im more intersted than she thinks so she can upgrade me for xmas Smiley

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »

Hi James

Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of metal detecting ;0)

Ive just had a quick read of the manual and i see what you mean is not very instructional.
Making a test bed in the garden or the beach is a very good idea and i think we've all done that at one time or another.
Its a good way of understanding what the detector is trying to tell you and you can make adjustments to the GB and sens to be able to make very weak signals Clearer .

I liked the stated Maximun depth for your Detector it says 1.5 metres  Shocked Shocked where do i get one  lol
you might get that sort of depth if you was detecting for Cars or tanks  lol

Your finding with it already so i think you only need a fine tune it you maximise your find rate.
I dont normally advise Air testing, but i think it could be usefull to you to get to know the machine and hopfuly get to understand it a bit better

All the best
Phil
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:01:38 PM by PHIL YNYSBOETH » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal