Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RARE v SCAN HENRY AXEFORD SHIELD The clash of the Titans !  (Read 3168 times)
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« on: August 24, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »

Lol, Its good to talk Wink We (the Scan Club) have had to go for the 5th September now, I know this still clashes but as the above posts say, it cant be helped.
I'll post a proper link up later for the Scan members.
What about this cup the Scan and Rare clubs duel over Phil? when are we going to sort out a Combo rally for that? (sorry i forget the name of the cup, its an age thing you know Embarrassed )

Salty Smiley
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:33:51 PM by PHIL YNYSBOETH » Logged

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:34:48 PM »

O.K., right, so it looks like the gauntlets down to me to find a venue, I think a token hunt is a better prospect, with a small prize fore the person with the most tokens, and something for find of the day, decided by a show of hands at the end,
I'd like to resurrect this, Its a bit of fun and I'm sure its originator would be pleased to see it used to get us off our backsides and back out detecting, in the spirit it was first donated.

Salty Smiley (also a member of the club that now holds the trophy Wink Grin) but also chairman of the Cardiff Scan Club  Cool

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »

As a longish standing SCAN member I have certainly heared mention of it before, but not in the last few years.

I think its a great idea, especially if we can make it an annual event.

If you need any help on the day Karl let me know.

Lets bring the trophy back to SCAN! Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy club competition.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »

Thanks Neil, I appreciate the offer, I'm grateful of any help i can get to get this off the ground, I'll give you a shout.
Cheers
Karl Smiley

bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »

it's a great idea to resurrect this competition between our clubs..... Wink....i have been a member of RARE for around seven years and this would be the first time i will see this happen....good luck with a venue karl....i'm looking forward to it already !...byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »

Phil, Fair does, your a cheeky beggar Tongue, remember he who laughs last Grin.
I have a venue in mind that should be ideal, i'll need to check all is ok with the farmer and get a provisional idea on numbers for parking and a potential date, but the wheels are well and truly in motion.
I may well call on you for some help mate, and we will need a non detecting person or persons to plant the tokens Shocked
I'm quite looking forward to it, it should be a good laugh Smiley
Salty Smiley

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:31:01 AM »

arrrr its back on again is it, wev'e talked about it for a while, hope its
 not on an old ash tip this time mind Karl  lol,
 never mind, i found my first copper love token on the last one, lol,  and won a bottle of whiskey in the raffle ,  hic hic

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »

well the fields i have in mind are in Chepstow, a bit baron from a finds perspective, though hammered and roman have come up, Its also a very small camp site with wooden pick nick tables we can use, good road access and stunning views and good car parking, if the weather was kind, it would be a smashing day out, i know its not on our doorstep, but it would be worth it i'm sure.
I did think about splitting my tokens 50/50 between RARE and the Scan, but i'm going to have to have both feet firmly in the Scan Club for this event Wink
I'll have a proper chat with you Phil about the finer points and possible dates, with luck a should be able to make it to the next RARE meeting too.

Salty Smiley

ancientpat

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »

I can tell you a little bit about Henry Axford, he was a long standing member of the Scan club from its earliest days and was a Committee member for a number of years until a falling out with club but I'm afraid I can't remember the reason. He then left the club along with the Shepperd brothers and joined up with the RARE club. I spent many a search with him and others down Barry Island beach in the 70's and 80's. One occasion I remember walking on to the beach at a low tide and Henry had been searching for some time with no luck and my very first signal just yards away from him using my PI produced a lovely 18ct patterned wedding ring, if I remember I don't think Henry was amused !!!! They were the good old days  of beach detecting.
                            Pat. Wink Wink

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »

He sounds as though he was a bit of a character, i wonder what he'd think of the two clubs today?
lets all do his mememory proud Smiley

Karl

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:50:36 AM »

ha ha Pat,  still finding the gold rings back then hey, lol
 yeah i know Ron and Cyril Shepard too, i can't remember what the fall out was about either though,
Thanks
 Alan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal