Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new machine????????  (Read 2838 times)
nfl
Superhero Member

« on: September 24, 2010, 01:19:03 PM »

o.k i know we,ve been over this topic many times but im banging my head against a wall Cry,,,,,,buying a new tecter in a few weeks and still dont know which 1 to choose,,,,,,,,,,been tectin about 3 years,i dont tect beaches, i have lots of farmland to go on so i can take my time, i currently use a se,which i find is good for my needs but its getting on now,my budget will stretch to e trac/Deus level but ive heard good and bad about both of these machines so im still not sure what to get,,,,,,,,,,any ideas guys?

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »

Hi Pauly, I know i you feel when you want to upgrade  its a nightmare  what detector to pick , is it good or not so on ,well if u want u can have my garrett lol. Good luck for ur new machine mate .

Nap34
saxonman

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:26 PM »

DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT.IF YOU WANT A MACHINE THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY,YOUR ARMS ARE NOT DROPING OFF IT .MUST BE THE DEUSE..FOR ME THE DEUSE HAS BEEN A GREAT MACHINE TO WORK WITH....WHAT YOU HAVE BASICALY IS 5 MACHINES IN ONE...FOUND IT GOOD ON THE WET SAND TO....BUT THE ETRAC BRINGS IN THE GOODS .THE ONLY FAULT I FIND WITH THE DEUSE HAS BEEN SOME OF THE BUILD QUALITY.BUT IM SURE IN THE NEAR FUTURE THESE THINGS WILL BE RECTIFIED + WHEN THE NEW LARGER COIL ARRIVES YOU WILL HAVE AVERY DEEP MACHINE,THIS I BELIEVE WILL COST YOU ANOTHER £200....GWIL.
audiolab

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

stop shouting please caps

Minelab E-TRAC
2 tone ferrous beast
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »

WHEN THE NEW LARGER COIL ARRIVES YOU WILL HAVE AVERY DEEP MACHINE,THIS I BELIEVE WILL COST YOU ANOTHER £200....GWIL.

Try £400, if your lucky

Paul, the question you have got to ask is "why" you want to upgrade and is the Etrac really an upgrade. It certainly is a bit more stable on some sites but do you really want to pay £600 after trade in, for a bit more stability?
As for it's age, there are loads of people still bring up the goodies with the original XS, Dave Chrisp springs to mind.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »

i dont have any plans to trade in my se as it does what it says on the tin Grin but would be good to get a decent 2nd machine,,,,,,am still toying with the idea of sending se to minelab for a mot ,new coil etc and getting 2nd machine.....just dont know which 1 to get.

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:57:43 PM »

I have stuck with my Explorer II for about four years now - I personally can not fault it - still pulls the finds out despite literally thousands of hours in the field. I know you have the SE, but I would consider a second hand Explorer II - mine only cost £300 second hand.

My detecting buddy Johnny has recently sent his away for a service and repair to Ireland for about £150 or so and Mark has done the same with his Sovereign (£70} - not a bad idea. Pretty good for a serviced machine and repair and replacement of parts where necessary (new screen. locking bolts etc}

I would consider detecting machines as I do cars and nevr buy brand new, just a few years old. they devalue so quickly thats its hard to justify the "new on the market" price.

Cheers

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:03:22 PM »

i just ordered a new machine and saved over £80 ordering direct from the States.

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

i just ordered a new machine and saved over £80 ordering direct from the States.

Is that with the VAT and import duty that you will have to pay Mike?
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »

Beware the dreaded Customs and Excise import duty Mike. Hopefully it will get through with no problems. If they pull it though you may have to settle the amount before they let you have it.

I used to import Levis jeans and designer clothing from the states in my misguided youth (1995} and came a cropper after 5 shipments thanks to her majestys customs calling at my house at 8am on a Sunday morning. I had to pay import duty on the last batch of 600 pairs, but that was it. No crime was committed and as the clothing went through a loophole as "Second hand textiles" all was good.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »

Its a one off , it should be ok , anyway i sent it to my Mother ...lol

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

i think im going to check flea bay and see what machines are on offer as a second machine.

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head