Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yesterday 16th august nice day nice metal detecting finds  (Read 2563 times)
wolver1ne

« on: August 16, 2010, 11:53:15 PM »

yesterday i found copper seal matrix with nice pattern and a silver coin not too sure what it is but i think its a lizzy 1st milled ? pics later. found the coin soon as i put the metal detector down thought it was broke had to switch on and off and try somewere else to see if i got a signal lol and weird thing found the seal matrix last dig as i was going home lol. heres the pics first seal matrix next is a badly clipped lizzy 1st ? its size is a new modern penny
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:56:20 PM by wolver1ne » Logged
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:43:33 AM »

it works out like that very often,  you'll either find something good right at the start of right at the end, lol,
 i one found a silver ring like that, switched my machine on, and found a nice silver ring as soon as i put it down,
Alan

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »

Nice finds, well done.  Has anyone else ever noticed how often that happens. I did it last time out. Was hot and my feet hurt and being plagued by flying ants. Thought I've had enough, stopped to have a rest and put detector right on top of a great big brass buckle. Great stuff.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 07:54:06 AM »

ha ha,  Thats another thing iv'e found,  if your doing well and finding and you stop for a coffee break  they seem to stop coming up after,
 but if your not doing so good and stop for a break, they seem start coming up when you get back to it,   hence i have regular breaks when not finding much lol

wolver1ne

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »

by your logic alan it should call coffee breaking lol i will be wizzing round the field till day light Shocked
geordiefred

Bristol

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »

Great finds wolverine well done  m8  Wink something I learned the hard way was to always keep your detector on & detect on the way back to the car. Years ago we went detecting me with a Bounty Hunter  & my pal with a Tesoro, my highlight of the day was a modern coin hoard ( from some courting couples pockets ) a few Vicky pennies a buckle & tons  of big calibre bullets. My pal had 2 roman bronzes more predecimal coins worked lead etc, on the way back muggins switched off his detector
( I was more interested in holding my pants up lol  Grin ) My friend detected all the way back to the vehicle & you guessed it 6 ft from the landrover the last signal & up popped an old gold signet ring. ( the Jammie git  Grin ) We must have walked right over it when setting up the detectors, I learned tree lessons that day.
1 buy a decent detector as the Bounty Hunter couldn't find small roman coins in an air test let alone in the ground!
2 buy a decent finds bag & belt if you didn't want your trousers to keep falling down under the weight of all the scrubbish.  Grin
3 most important of all kept your detector on and detect all the way back to car as you never know what you've missed  Wink

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional
geordiefred

Bristol

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »

Love the seal matrix much more interesting than coins,( never found one myself still on the wish list ) gotta wonder at the history behind that. Well done again  Wink

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »

we hear of so many good finds "on the way back to the car"....i am going to walk backwards when detecting from now on !...... Grin....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »

good finds buddy,

well had the csame luck  soon my md was swich on and blingggg  a target but it was a lovely pull tap that was bloody good i love it havent find any afterward .

best of luck and many more finds .

nap

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal