Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying a new approach  (Read 2238 times)
avalon

« on: July 28, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »

Seeing as English Heritage and Defra are keen to send out mail shots to the farming community, telling how they should be on their guard at allowing detectorists access to there land. I've sent out my own mail shot to a number of farms, with an attached landowners agreement. It will be interesting to see what reponse I get.

Lets see who win's the landowners hearts, someone who will charge the farmer to excavate his own land and restrict it's future use, or someone who could possibly benefit him financialy.

waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »

Very good Avalon. I like your approach a lot. This hobby never ceases to amaze me but level headed thinking like that sure has my vote. remember all it is just a hobby  Wink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:28:17 PM by Waltonbasinman (Paul) » Logged
avalon

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »

It called beat them at there own game, they like to paint us all in a bad light, but at the end of the day, it's just a hobby. Were not selling crack cocain or robbing old ladies of there pensions. I think archie's need to chill a little, or there all be out of job.

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »

Thats a nice One mate,  lol well done,  best of luck with it too, i hope it opens many doors for you, or should i say fields hey lol
Alan

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »

Thats is a cracking idea Avalon - be really interested to read about the results you get - looks very professional.

I wish you every success with it.

Well done

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
avalon

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »

And don't worry.... I did proof read it before I had 500 copies printed, and corrected the spelling mistakes. Grin

Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:14:15 PM »

Well , i have had 2 farms for september by sendind leaflets to the local farmers and at the end of the leaflets we will give them a  opinel knife engraved with their farms details and leather cover cost about 5 pounds but worth it already had 2 farmers , its only a knife but a little something in exchange go long way . form of marketing for us and a free gift for the farmers.What i done its at the end of the agrrement is to tell them they will receive a free vintage  for having us on their fields . voila a idea .

Napoleon34
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »

oops missed the word knife after vintage .
JohnF

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »

Great idea, ive been toying with the idea of making flyers myself for some time now and seeing this post has spurred me on to get on with it. I think it shows to farmers that you are in the hobby for the right reasons and that your not just a mere "fly by night" who just wants to ransack his land for any valuables.
I hope it does the trick for you Avalon.
John.

You wont find a thing if you aint got that swing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal