Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: e trac vs xp Deus  (Read 8126 times)
nfl
Superhero Member

« on: June 14, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »

hi guys im upgrading from a se to either a e trac or Deus later this year and to be honest i dont really know what to choose as yet,heard good and bad things about both machines and a little corner of my mind keeps saying choose a Deus  Huh,any info would be apriciated regards quality,tectorbility Huh etc...cheers paul.

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »

Hi Paul, Well they both are great machines and both from great manufacturers. A move from the SE to the Etrac is obviously going to be easier as it it is only an improved version of what you are used too plus the Etrac is deeper but this is probably due to the fact that the Deus only has a 9" coil whereas the Etrac has the 11".
the wireless aspect of the Deus, while novel, is marketing smoke and mirrors as far as I am concerned, The etrac does in my opinion have the edge on build quality (ruggedness) but that is the trade off for the incredibly light weight of the Deus and if the weight of the SE is an issue then it's a no brainer and go for the Deus. XP are talking about releasing an 11" coil in the near future which will put it on a par and maybe more with the Etrac, only time will tell.
Remember too that you will not have the multi tone capabilities with the Deus that you have with the SE so you may have to dig a bit more junk but that is never a bad thing as some of those iffy tones on the Explorers that we leave, could easily prove to be good targets at depth.
The only area that I will say the Etracs score head and shoulders over the Deus is the beach, but if that's not an area you search then my advice would be.....................Toss a coin. They are both brilliant machines.

PS..... Please bear in mind that I am a confirmed Minelab fan and have been for since they launched in the UK. I own and use different minelab models but if I had the money and was buying a new machine tomorrow, well then I think it would be the Deus.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:21:02 PM by Chef (Geoff II) » Logged
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »

cheers geoff i also heard that a drawback in the Deus was the coil size as it sometimes miss,s small hamereds compared to the e trac with a  larger coil,,but apparently the Deus does excell in every other department Huh,,,,,so i think i willl defo be getting a Deus when they bring out a larger coil than the standard 9",,,,,,,i hope its before the end of this year?,,,if anybody knows when Deus will be bringing out a new coil,please let us know.......cheers ..paul.

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »

Hi Paul, Well they both are great machines and both from great manufacturers. A move from the SE to the Etrac is obviously going to be easier as it it is only an improved version of what you are used too plus the Etrac is deeper but this is probably due to the fact that the Deus only has a 9" coil whereas the Etrac has the 11".
the wireless aspect of the Deus, while novel, is marketing smoke and mirrors as far as I am concerned, The etrac does in my opinion have the edge on build quality (ruggedness) but that is the trade off for the incredibly light weight of the Deus and if the weight of the SE is an issue then it's a no brainer and go for the Deus. XP are talking about releasing an 11" coil in the near future which will put it on a par and maybe more with the Etrac, only time will tell.
Remember too that you will not have the multi tone capabilities with the Deus that you have with the SE so you may have to dig a bit more junk but that is never a bad thing as some of those iffy tones on the Explorers that we leave, could easily prove to be good targets at depth.
The only area that I will say the Etracs score head and shoulders over the Deus is the beach, but if that's not an area you search then my advice would be.....................Toss a coin. They are both brilliant machines.

PS..... Please bear in mind that I am a confirmed Minelab fan and have been for since they launched in the UK. I own and use different minelab models but if I had the money and was buying a new machine tomorrow, well then I think it would be the Deus.

As an avid XP Deus user I can go along with what Geoff is saying above.

I would say the Deus is quite rugged, as with the Deus control box in a waterproof I-pod bag (£5) it is waterproof so that when the Deus coil mod comes out later this year it is capable of being totally immersed in water where you can plug watrproof headphones into the I-pod bag (which I have) which has an external waterproof headphone socket from it.

It's never going to beat the Explorer or Sovereign on the wet sand but it will work quite nicely as an article I'm having published in TH later this year will show.

I have used a Deus (in 18 Khz) and checked deep signals found by an E Trac user and was able to find them all.
In theory it should go deeper in 4 o r 8 Khz. The signals were clearer when tested on the E Trac targets.

It's all down to personal preference and having used Sovereigns and Safari I prefer the Quickness and lightness of the Deus. But there's no doubt the E Trac is a great machine. I think Minelab messed up in not using the latest battery technology and materials to make the machine a LOT lighter.

I believe the new 13 x 11 Deus coil will be more than a match for the E trac when it arrives later this year and, in MY opinion, the Deus will be a clear winner! However, I think the new coil could cost about £300-£400 so there is a big downside!!!!

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

As said, most reckon they have the best machine but I do love the Deus!  Grin

JBM

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »

Worth a look if I can get this Gaz video to take.Jerry.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 08:36:48 PM »

Worth a look if I can get this Gaz video to take.Jerry.

Welcome to the forum, Jerry!

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »

o.k. my turn to add my ten penath, I'm Bobs mate, we have been conducting our own comparison tests for many months now, yes, i'm an avid Minelab user, but i wont let this cload my judment.
Firstly, if you already have an SE, dont waste your money on an E-trac, the difference between the two doesent warrent the cash, keep the SE for land that you have time to work.
Do buy the Deus, the recovery speed is lightning, depth is impresive, descrimination is just as good as the E-trac once learnt-as Bob has proved to me,and as a rally machine, i think the Deus is unserpassed,with astonishing seperation around iron.
the E-trac is, in my opinion the best-all round machine on the market,if i had nothing, and could afford it, i would still by an e-trac over anything else out there as my "one and only" machine. but if you already have the SE, as i said, its not worth upgrading in my opinion.
on rallies you want to cover ground quickly and efficiently, thats where the Deus is king.
thats why i'm scraping my pennies together for a Deus,by the way, they way about the same as a Biro Wink .
Dont get me wrong, me and my e-trac are best pals,i'd never part with it (or my many coils Bob  Wink ) we work well together, it's just a matter of the best tool for the job,and sometimes the e-trac, whilst addequate, is not always the best, despite what some of the brainwashed minelab brigade on the MLO forum may say Roll Eyes
in testing last week BTW, my old quattro with a 15 x12 SEF was much better (more stable) despite trying numurios setings (yes i do know what i'm doing and have 100's of hours under my belt with a E-trac) than the E Trac with the same setup and/or the pro coil on the beach (dry and wet sand).
so there you have it on my part, i have no brand loyality, i try to get tjhe best tool for the job in hand within reason and cost, like Bob, i tell it as i find it.

Salty Smiley
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:18:28 PM by Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club, R.A.R.E. » Logged

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »

dont ask me why, it wont let me say saving, it says scrubbishing!!

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »

Cheesy wondering what you where on about!! lol

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal