Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Archaeology weekends in Ponty  (Read 4933 times)
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« on: July 18, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »

Well, The Archaeology weekend at the Pontypridd Museum is nearly here again,
 its on Saterdays the 24th and 31st of July this year, 1.30 from the museum and 2 o'clock start on Pontypridd common, ,

I have been invited to go and help out again this year,  and asked  to take some of my finds to display on the day,   this will be in the museum before we go out, people will be able to ask questions about them and hold the items,  some they may never get a chance of again,  like the Bronze Age Axeheads and Roman artifacts and coins,

Weather permitting ,  we'll proberbly  go to the Pontypridd common  to give a talk about the history up there, and to give a demonstration of how the detector works,

then to let the kids have a go and  to try and find Roman and Celtic replica coins with it,  which they will be able to keep,
 I'll be demonstrating how to survey the area within lines and pins and Graham will be demonstrating and explaining  his recording methods for any signals we get,,

If it is Raining then it will be held in the Pontypridd Museum where Archeaologist Graham Oxlade will give a slide show and talk,

the day is free,  so if you are, then come along, you will be welcome,

Oh,  please don't bring your detectors though,  Detecting is not allowed up there, we have been granted special permission from the council

Alan

handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:25:52 AM »

I wish you all every success in this venture Alan. It's a very rewarding activity, so i hope the weather is kind to you.

Regretfully, i'm not in the area until mid august, so cannot make it. [Have enough to do up here!!  [www.narc.org.uk]

we're putting on an exhibition at a local village fete this afternoon, then the next 2 weeks sees 3 afternoon talks and 'come and try it' sessions, to various groups.

Hope all goes well and that you get a good turn out ... look fwd to hearing you on radio wales again!!!!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »

Thanks for letting us know Alan,
I havnt been to Ponty Museum since the spring so i would have missed this.
My Grandsons getting a metal detector for Xmas so this year might be the ideal time to take him along.

All the best with the preperations and im sure it.ll be as successfull as last years with your help.

All the best
Phil

Ps
Dont forget to mention R.A.R.E lol  Tongue

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:15:02 AM by THE VERMINATOR » Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

BEST OF lUCK WITH YOUR EXHIBITION AL ,  SOUNDS GOOD MATE,  HAVE FUN WITH IT,

PHIL,  THANKS FOR THAT MATE,,  YEAH, BRING YOUR GRANDSON ALONG PHIL,  HE MAY EVEN GET A BIT MORE INTERESTED IN IT,  NOT SURE WHAT MY GRANDSONS ARE DOING YET,

YEAH FOR SURE I'LL GIVE THE CLUB A MENTION TOO,  EMMA A REPORTER FROM THE PONTYPRIDD OBSERVER MAYBE GOING  TO WRITE A REPORT ON IT TOO, WEV'E BEEN PUTTING HER OFF FOR AGES LOL,  I'LL TRY AND GET A PLUG IN THERE IF SHE  GOES INTO WORK ON ONE OF THE WEEKENDS TO DO THE REPORT.

Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

Is This the same one Alan.  a better link if it is mate,

www.narc.org.uk

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:57:34 AM »

sounds like a very interesting day  Grin
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 07:55:02 AM »

hi al

go to www.narc.org.uk  and look in the index section for reports, there are 2 reports in there
click on the village report

enjoy them

cheers
alan

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »

Sorry Al,  i went to reply but lost my connection, doh   yeah i got it,  it looks good mate,  bet it was enjoyable that,  some nice comments in the guest book too,
 I noticed a large tray of rings there too, lol  i didn't show mine last time in case some clever bugger tried to claim one lol,  the musueum were only interested in the older historical stuff anyhow,
 but i may think about it for this one,  maybe put some in some coin tray shelves for now, hmm  they should be in glass cases so should be safe,
 i'll see how it goes,

Thanks for that Alan.   very interesting mate,
 Have a good one,  yeah we'll meet up again one day on some ralley or whatever i expect, look forward to it,  if you wasn't so far away i'd be up to take a look at your exhibition,
 take care now
Alan

Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:25:51 AM »

hmmm,  lest see if this one works Al,
http://sites.google.com/site/narchome/reports/2010-02-preston-capes-village-fete

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal