Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RARE,s Annual Token Hunt/BBQ Rally Report !  (Read 1677 times)
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« on: June 30, 2010, 08:18:31 AM »

R.A.R.E,s Annual Summer Token Hunt & BBQ 27th  June 2010 !
By
 Philip Jones (Club Treasurer)

Well what a day ! Can i start by saying a big thank you to the Committee and volunteers that made our Annual Token Hunt /BBQ another total Success !

The Weather and the food was ordered so there was no doubt we was in for a good one !.
Arriving early at the Field i noticed Ann and Norman Oxley hard at work erecting one of the gazebos and ladies toilet set up and our new purpose built oil drum BBQ ready for action.
the 100+ pre decimal pennys where already planted thanks to our club President and Chairman Mark Street and Paul Minton.
After a brief talk and all the kids sprayed with sun block, we were off.
It was great to see that a lot of the members had brought they're family and friends with them, for
me it all added to a great day,

First notable find of the day was a ring found by a tall blonde lad (well taller than me anyway lol sorry i dont know your name) then RARE member Leighton Poar aka Sexy legs called me over to asked me if the large Bronze looking coin he,d found was Roman, on further inspection i noticed the letters WRL printed on the back making it a reproduction He he he,
the look of disappointment on Leightons face was picture,
We think Paul or Mark had a hand in this cruel Joke but as yet there's no proof  lol

The next find i seen personally was Tonys Silver short cross hammered coin,
Then on the way back to the BBQ field for Dinner i found my only 4th Hammered coin in 10+ years detecting, im my defense me and Des Thomas rarely ventured inland until we became RARE members few years ago.

After filling up on the great spead Ann,Elaine,Paula and Tony and others had prepared, and after the Raffle with Prizes acquired by Paul Minton and donations by Club members   I had to leave to attend another BBQ back home.
Some people said i needed filling up coz i was looking skinny lol
"The Cheek ! "
Many thanks to Ann and Debbie for making the cakes, my sweet tooth thanks you lol .

After id left Karl (Salty) Saltmarsh found a 4" silver chain with a watch winder attached,Gwilym (Gwilster) Williams found a Medieval lead weight, and a Lizzie the 1st hammy was found(finder unknown)

After lunch many went back to the Fields except Gwil Williams because by that time a herd of cows and a massive black bull was in the vicinity and Gwilym was wearing a Red hat,Red t-shirt and hes got a bright Red Car lol

I did hear there was another BBQ tea time, i hope someone left  me something ;0)

Here,s to next Years annual Token/BBQ !

Phil Jones
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:38:36 AM by THE VERMINATOR » Logged
musicman19

R.A.R.E. & FID member

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »

Hi All,

Rally report plus X-Ray video, BBQ/Token hunt video is now on club website: www.raremdclub.co.uk/

Stuart

If your looking to join a friendly active Detecting Club please have a look at our web page and get involved http://www.raremdclub.co.uk/
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 07:14:06 AM »

Thanks Stu. Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal