Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: detecting wales rally  (Read 9192 times)
altinkum

« on: March 10, 2009, 11:10:12 PM »

i've just scanned through the list of names going on sat and noticed quite a few people singed up for the rally and not returned to the forum since.  some have not logged on for 8 day's since signing up are these people supporting this forum or after a local rally. i've organised 1 rally and there's another in late summer but i must admit to being a bit ****** off with some people's attitudes do they think the organisers are running around to set up rally's so they can have a nice day out every now and then and only log on to sign up. if the rally's were to stop tommorrow you would soon see who the real member's are.  mike

explorers, my arse
waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »

Well said my man. Cool Cool
StumbledUpon

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

Id charge them £15 for their cheek!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:41:27 AM by maxine » Logged
detectordave

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »

Its a hell of a shame but some people will only use this site for this purpose,i think that you will start to see a trend with the same people doing this time after time and then admin can step in to stop this.Would it not be possible for some sort of pass code to be put on the site for a couple of days and if this is not used within a certain time no invite.When i say pass code i mean something loke the code on sign up sorry but i don't know how much extra work this would involve its just a thought.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:46 AM »

Yea,  you get them everywhere hey,
wev'e had it for years at our club, people joining just to get the maps of the club site, then we never see them again
 also some regular members may not happen to be at the very meeting a bus trip is announced, ,  wow  they come crawling out of the woodwork and you rarely or never see them at the meetings,,  even worse for a free bus,

some regular members who buy their raffles ect to help the funds have had to miss out cos the stay aways  have somehow heard about it and got in first,  and they don't even contribute  !!!!!

we used to have a rule about attending so many meetings before you can go, but that fell through
Alan

BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »

I can see just how you feel about this Mike.

Perhaps the rallys should only be open to regular contributors to the Forum as this does seem unfair on some of the people who'd like to go but perhaps didn't get signed up in time!

Personally I'd feel real bad about myself & couldn't use the forum just for a rally ticket but some people don't seem to care.  Angry

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
detectordave

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »

Why not name and shame?

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
waltonbasinman
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:21 AM »

Well said Dave. This is the detecting wales website and we now have 230ish members but as i said in a previous thread it still looks like the same people posting as it was last November when i joined. There are some genuine new members in that time that have become regular posters and good on them because that is the purpose of this website. CONTRIBUTION, input, discussion, tips, finds etc, etc. Not join turn up at a rally then disappear until the next one.   Sad Sad Sad
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »

A thread simlilar to this came up when the rally was announced , unfourtunately I think the general consensus was that there wasnt a general consensus.

New members wont have enough posts as they are new. So there cant be a minimum amount of posts

Average number of posts per day wont work as people will just post rubbish to go to the rally

Where do we  set levels at? 50 , 100, 200 posts ? There are people on here with a lowish amount of posts that have contributed to some fantastic threads just not loads of posts.

Another thing we gotta take into consideration is the fact that some people have got busy lives, Kids, work, family life, actually doing the hobby Grin . They aint going to have the time to spend on the computer as much as some of us. My hand is buggered at the moment thats the only reason I can spend as much time on here as i do.

I dont think we can charge more for people that dont meet the minimum criteria as that would be unfair as per the above points. But all in all I do agree with Mike (altinkum) If someone joins the forum, and their account is inactive then the account gets deleted, but theres a problem with this also. Who's going to define inactive. To me 0 is inactive, but their account is never going to be 0 if they intend to come to a rally , as the signup thread will be classed a post. Then we're back into the area of minimum posts. 1, 2, 5, 10?

I think the inactive account solution is a goodun , but I also believe the forum needs to back off a little to allow this site to develop. Then get rid of the hedge fodder  Cool
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:49:27 AM by tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »

Tricky innit! At the moment the only way forward I can see is to limit the numbers attending a rally as we have for Caerleon and also stating that people must have been registered as site members and actively contributed to the forum at least eg 4 weeks before a rally is announced

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

hi  Mike, i just read the reply from richy and it sounds good  But  "WHATIF"  200 names have all registered in good time and  all 200  have contributed before a rally " this is sods law and could happen"   draw straws or lottery draw  its early days yet for the forum, the forum has possibly taken of a bit faster than people thought,  good or bad,  but will calm down abit later on. i for one have never been involved as much as i am now regarding detecting issues  via a computer and i am "enjoying it," If it comes to a push at a later rally i would let another go in my place, as would others    mick 

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
altinkum

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »

my point was people signed up 6/7/ 8 day's ago and have not logged on since. i bet they'll be logging on friday night to get their direction's. it has nothing to do with post count's as all these people want is sign up not come on here for 10 days then log on the night before the rally. if you think this is vthe way forward for this forum then let's all do it.  mike

explorers, my arse
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 01:51:08 PM »

Yeah , I see where you're coming from , well maybe there needs to be a post attatched to rally announcements that clearly states , that in the event of Registering , putting your name on the list, then logging on the night before to get directions. Will not be allowed, and that non active members will be removed from the rally list.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »

hi rob  your reply to mike could well be the answer  mick

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
Nick
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »

That does seem like a logical solution. I looked at the members list, available for all to see, and there are quite a few that have registered but never posted. Perhaps some will never return to the site, who knows. So there must be some kind of ruling regarding rallies, whether it be an admin or collective members decision.

Nick

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal