Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your greatest find as a Detectorist . . .  (Read 8279 times)
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »

gold sovs in your garden,can i have tectin permission please  Grin,,the only thing i find in my garden is loads of iron an my house is over 300 years old Huh

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:32 AM »

great thread Neil Wink,iv got three to put on today as they mean a lot to me  Wink the first is my very first silver denarius found 2008 over nr abergavenny i was out with Farmer Phil that day and another friend from work it was the second time of going to this field i can remember it being a sunny day but the day before it had rained heavy so the ground was quit mucky,had only been in the field half hour or so and this was my first h- descant signal dug the mucky ground and it was very cake turned over the shovel and out fell this silver coin was not sure till i looked closer and could tell it was roman silver but did not have a clue who the face on there was ,remember shouting to the lads silver roman ,then i rang DIG IT (ADE) and explained the coin and he said over the phone its HADRIEN Wink so pleased that day could not concentrate after that on detecting  Grin Grin so i had found a roman silver denarius HADRIEN- AD 136....................

my second find as to be my CROTAL BELL which i thought i would never find .out with a few DW members that day TAFF,ADMIN,MELONHEAD, ROMAN RAY,GADGET,very cold day i remember frost on the ground we had been out a good hour or two and remember a very nice signal and it was deep as i had dug down a lot remember it was covered in dirt and could not tell what it was could not believe when i saw it and thought it as got to be broke somewhere on it but as i cleaned it could tell then it was in one piece,and i know these bell don't come up in one piece very often . Wink............................

my third  find as got to be the EDWARD 3RD QUARTER NOBLE 1327-1377 found just half hour after i found the crotal bell remember thinking i will catch up to the lads up in another field and walking up this path and detecting over the path and as i was looking up to go up this hill got a signal and dug only an inch or two and seen straight away that it was gold shouted up to Taff Ray Melonhead who were at the top of the hill its gold and remeber Taff shouting back "---- off "Grin and i said "no im not joking i would not joke about this" so walked up half way and the lads came down to meet me and we all looked at it but were not sure what it was .i was over the moon not in my dreams thought i would ever find a gold coin.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:51:54 AM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 10:46:04 AM »

i take my hat off to you guys ,,really lovely finds would like to post a couple of my finds but the mrs is the photographer of the house and getting her to help is like pulling hens teeth Grin,,i have posted many things on dw and 1 that you havent seen yet is a 4th centuary siliqua {unclipped of valens}at the mo the flo for herefordshire has it will be happy to post when it gets back. once again guys ,,,lovely finds hope many more will come your way. Wink

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
StumbledUpon

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 12:40:21 PM »

gold sovs in your garden,can i have tectin permission please  Grin,,the only thing i find in my garden is loads of iron an my house is over 300 years old Huh

It was just the one half sovereign! It popped up in the veg patch, I bought a maplin detector thinking there was a stash of them, but was'nt to be. Grin There was a lot of china mixed in with the soil, my theory is it was in a pot/vase and ended up at  the bottom of the garden. Huh
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:42:02 PM by maxine » Logged
falcon.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:03 AM »

These are my best finds that i'll never forget.Bronze socket axe heads,Edward gold quarter noble,Victoria full sov,and THE WIFE! Huh
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »

Some great replys guys - with some cracking finds - I know theres a few more of you out there with finds that are important to you. Doesn't matter if its your first copper or a gold stater - lets see them.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal