Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I Claim Anything  (Read 3896 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: June 17, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »

hi all as iv never ever claimed anything in my life and now dew to my accident at work can i claim anything while I'm out of work ,I'm getting full pay from work until i go back to work ,but iv been told i can claim as I'm still off work and really cant get about on my own and Auntie Ann as got to take time off work to get me to physio and other things to ,I'm quit happy as it is getting full pay but if I'm entitled to something well its only what iv paid into all these years cheers all Wink
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

Like yourself Kev - I have never had reason to claim, but I imagine you may be entitled to transport costs for your therapy if its not already provided.

No idea really - someone on here must know though

I would have thought there is an industrial compensation claim to be had as well.

cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »

i had a work related accident and i was offered any job i wanted within the company when i had recovered ,give you advice if you need it,i did claim and didnt go back to same company,,,pm if want help. paul..

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:25:22 PM »

make an appointment with the local citizens advice bureau, who will arrange for a free chat with a local solicitor.

i've used them many times, their advice is excellent.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »

If you can prove that its their fault then you have a darn good Claim Kev. big £s,
 yes for transport costs as well for your medical stuff.,  you'll proberbly have to go to Bupa in Newport for a medical,

Go For it &  best of Luck with it
 Alan

Stred (Steve)

Explorer XS

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »

speak to employment solicitors in Cardiff, you can get the number off the net, they give free advice over the phone for the first hour for free I believe.

Just enjoy, life\\\'s too short.
MOGGSY
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 06:53:39 AM »

Hi.
   You should make a list of all out of pocket expenses such as travel costs etc. in relation to your injury.I would go and see a good solicitor as most will be only too happy to handle your case.If the accident was not your fault then you would have a very good claim.Don't worry about loyalty to the company involved,that's why they have liability insurance.As your accident was quite serious,the health and safety executive should have been involved and they should have compiled a report which you are entitled to have a copy of.This will highlight why your accident happened and will show which party is to blame.Go for it.You should be in line for quite a sum.

Graham.
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 06:57:52 AM »

it don't have to be your employers fault,  it can be anybodys as long as its not your own,,  i was rushing through a bit last night and may not have come over properly,

their  insurence will need you to have the medical, but this will go in your favour. Kev

their are plenty  that will take it on for Free, and won't cost you a penny mate,

all you'll have to think about is your new top of the range detector, and your holiday for the family in florida,  and put the rest away for a rainy day,

Alan

Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »

Mogssy is right,  the claim will be without pregidist from your employers,   its the insurence company that will couph up,

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 08:58:51 AM »

he's on about benefits...as your getting statutory sick, your not entitled to any incapacity benefit. Have you taken out any insurances on your mortgage or car loans etc.also go to the benefits, tell them your situation ask themif your entitled to any other benefits, you may be able to get helpers allowance??

rob

p.s
as a member of club 55 you re entitled to bupa treatment Grin lol

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

thanks all for the info,rang the benefits hot line last night they are sending me forms to fill in ,so i will wait and see Wink THANKS AGAIN ALL Wink
sandpiper

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »

Hi CASA

You've had a very serious accident and I'm surprised nobody has come foreward to explain your rights and the next steps to take.
If you are a member of a  trades union then they may be the first ones to contact - contact the trades union representative at the company and they will work on your behalf and liase with the company, Its easier to go through a trades union because they are there to represent you for free and it saves any awkwardness in broaching the matter with the companies  bossess because they are just doing their job in representing their members and seeing that their rights are being upheld. Its also gives you protection when and if you wish to return to work with the same company- they will protect you from any sour grapes attitude and any difficulties you may come across. Good luck you are a genuine person and this was a very serious accident -its your right to look after your interests

all the best

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 07:46:53 PM »

hey Nobby,  ohhhh, shhh, 55 is not a club anymore  now they say,

zorro
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »

Kev as you know i had 8 months off work last year due to throat cancer. my wife , who works for Next, took 2 weeks off work to take me every day for my last 2 weeks of radiotherapy (she had never had a days sickness since working there over 2 years)..on 2nd day of "her" sickness she had a text from Next saying that because her "criteria" had changed she was being dropped from 20 hours a week to 4 hours a week.
I was told i might be able claim something as she was my carer/driver etc. went down the "social"...the most humiliating experience ive had in many years.
they wanted to know how much money in my kids bank accounts, if i had shares, bonds, savings (i dont).
then i watched a guy in a track suit complain because he had to leave he cans of beer on the window sill outside( he was worried they'd get pinched) . he went on to say , loud enough for everyone to hear that he had "p*ssed the bed" last night and he needed money for new bedding....he was ushered into a side room and emerged smiling with a cheque he waved in front of everyone.
at this point i got up and left, to the annoyance of the woman dealing with me because she had started to fill out the form but hadnt completed it.
My tips for your visit wear the dirtiest shell suit you can find..get blinding drunk and use as much expletives as you can think of...then you'll be fine.
dont go there as a decent law abiding citizen looking for some help you'll have no chance.
By the way since leaving school in 1981 in been unemployed for 3 weeks and claimed "dole" 3 times.
good luck Kev
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »

sounds about right kev,ive never claimed dole since leaving shool in 86 but every time i go past a job centre it seems like the cast of crimewatch is hanging around outside,having some kind of picnic/beer festival event Grin   

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete