Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: brecon gaer  (Read 1536 times)
louie090
Rally attendee

« on: May 25, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

i had the best days up brecon gaer now the mueseum is now looking at the stuff when i was there if i found somthing a grumpy old man my detecting partner at the time used to force me to pay the farmer i was told by people that was worng farmers dont want to be botherd when you are detecting they leave you alone and let you carry on farmers are your friends but they dont want to be botherd
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:10:55 AM »

Most detectorists don't pay the farmer when they find something, Louie. The standard practice is to show the farmer your finds and offer him anything he particularly shows an interest in.

Most farmers like to know a bit about the history of their farms but are happy to for you to keep most or all of what you find. Of course if you find something that comes under the provisions of the Treasure Act the landowner is entitled to half the value of the item by law.

It's also good practice to buy the farmer a present at Christmastime, something like a bottle of wine or tin of biscuits usually goes down well, although no doubt other members will have their own suggestions.

Occasionally, if they have a particulalrly good farm, some detectorists will frame a few of the the better coins they've found and present it to the farmer.

Geoff

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal