Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting magazines  (Read 3971 times)
detectordave

« on: March 08, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »

After getting both Treasure Hunting and Searcher for a number of years i am getting amazed at the number of articles that are almost word for word in both mags during the same month while i understand that this is not a large hobby compared to some but do they have to be the same every month.What does anyone think?

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »

I stopped buying them a while ago for exactly that reason, I now get all the information I need from the net. Smiley

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:17:28 PM »

Stopped getting both a while back for the same reason and now use the net for any research and need to contact. Smiley
zorro
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

I was told some time ago the "Norfolk wolf" was given a Minelab GSX 4000 for saying that the xterra 30 was the best low price range machine out there! as far as im concerned if i want advice, on a machine, that i can trust i'll take it from my club mates or web sites such as these.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »

Hi gents - you might want to get the April 2009 edition of Treasure Hunting - theres an article on Page 10 regarding DetectingWales.com. Another article on our first Rally has also been accepted for May;s copy.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 02:28:57 PM »

hi every one i used to send articals  a few years ago, some they printed some they did not. so stopped sending al together. so they lost one contributer to there magazines.    mick

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
jan
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »

well i agree with kevin there about tests carried out being over exagerated it.
although i saw norfolk wolk demo on the garret 250 treasure ace and it works as should no probs but we watch how people in the lime light every day sell to us stuff on tv thats rubbish or just half what it show cliit bang my ass try a coin .
but what happens is the articals come from source such us us so if a story is good the print it but they usually get the same storey.
charles
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »

i am the man with the 250 garrett .it finds stuff and it does better than some of the garbage priced higher in t.h. and t.s mags
like dave says always the same storeys but some different picture my option buy just one mag and have done .
some tester are acurate some will fib big fib and dam lie if the moneys there who wouldn't take it.
Jackel
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »

I still buy them both but i think they need some new material,A forum banter section would be good bit like a run down on all the latest gossip etc..
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »

i still buy the searcher , think they need to get more grass root stories , and do less of the adverts ,just my thoughts.
Charles Cater

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »

I was told some time ago the "Norfolk wolf" was given a Minelab GSX 4000 for saying that the xterra 30 was the best low price range machine out there! as far as im concerned if i want advice, on a machine, that i can trust i'll take it from my club mates or web sites such as these.
A detector is only as good as the person using it. In my opinion nobody has the right to say which is the best since sliced bread. What works for one may not be as good fo another.

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
Jackel
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »

[
[/quote]
A detector is only as good as the person using it. In my opinion nobody has the right to say which is the best since sliced bread. What works for one may not be as good fo another.
[/quote]

That's a good point actually what works for one may not suit another I really liked the looks of the whites xlt years ago had a ago of one and I hated it which i  was a bit gutted about because weight wise it was perfectly balanced and a good machine wasn't for me though.. so good point well said there...

Charles Cater

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »

Really speaking it is always a good idea to ask any member of a club if you could 'borrow' a particular detector from them to see if you like it. I did and found just one that suited me. Roll Eyes

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »

I do agree with you on that one Dave as I've also noticed all the duplicated articles but they also have their differences too!

I like the Searchers ID and Valuation pages but Treasure Hunting seems to have a much more "indepth" approach to there articles.

However, I'm feeling the pinch now & don't think it will be long before I unsubscribe to one of them!

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal