Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Non Motion Detectors  (Read 2731 times)
Tarot (Bob)
Rally attendee

« on: May 08, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »

Hi Everyone

As some of you know, I use and am very happy with my Sovereign Elite for beach hunting. However I would like to purchase a simple budget machine, so that my non detecting friends could join me.

Has anyone used a non motion detector on the beach and with what success, I'm sure it would be fine on the dry sand, but what about it's performance on the wet sand.

I was looking at the Cscope cs440xd, which seems to be the replacement for the discontinued cs660.

http://www.csmetaldetectors.com/product.aspx?pid=19

There are understandably, very few reviews of this detector. I found a video (German) on YT which looked very impressive, regarding its discrimination ability. If the mineralized sand could be excluded like the object in the video, then the detector would seem quite a good option.

I just wanted to know if any other members had used similar detectors, and their views on the non motion and beach combination.

Kind Regards Tarot (Bob)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:11:36 AM by Tarot » Logged

Invenire Et Conservare
geordiefred

Bristol

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »

Hi m8
sorry I cant help with your question all mine have been motion detectors , but I do agree with you the discrimination is pretty impressive on that machine Shocked
cheers Grin
Fred

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional
ORDOVIC
Rally attendee

DFX & MXT user

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »

I know that  the Thames Mudlarks use non motion detectors on foreshores because they are very good at finding coins and relics amongst Iron as they have a very quick recovery speed,I was told by Steve Booker who runs Thames And Field Metal Detecting Society that Non Motion detectors have very basic circuitry and are Ideal to use on Iron infested sites like the Thames and are great for picking out small coins amongst the nails and rubbish where other detectors go into a null,one other important thing he said was that  to fit a small coil on the detector to get around stones and debris as well as good target separation.

ORDOVIC

Dig it all !.......Explain to the wife where you been later.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal