Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: MineLab E-trac VS XP Deus  (Read 102794 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 07:20:24 AM »

Well the Sov can do that and to greater depths (water) than the Deus..............................It's called the Excalibur. lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:57:06 AM by Chef (Geoff II) » Logged
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 07:47:08 AM »

There,s lots of Detectors on the market with impressive depths.
My EXP was no deeper than my Advantage Pro and without all the Adjustments there was less variables to get wrong.
And i found the Pro more enjoyable to use, i only sold it coz everyone in the club had Explorers and i didn't want to feel left out lol.
Dont listen to the propaganda and get the detector that suits your style of Detecting.

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »

couldent agree more phil, i am getting new tecter at end of year and thought about a Deus  or e trac and have decided on a new etrac with a sef coil,im used to minelabs and the find rate has been good so i will stick with what i know,many company hype up there products and the real tests are your own detecting in your own fields ,many of us use a machine what we are comftable  with and i think thats all that counts,,,ive heard e trac are rubbish on roman sites but i use a se now and it seems to have no prob on roman sites,,,,,,,stick to what you know unless you  like a learning curve and a gamble  Grin Grin Grin     

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
magpie
Rally attendee

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »

Hi All,
This will probably put the cat among the pigeons. I have been detacting for about 5yrs now & have tried all of the top machines & the only 1 that l have found to do do what it says on the box is the nexus se. This machine is truely in a class of it's own,  The sens & depth has on numerous occaisions out done every machine that has been mentioned to date. So for proof l'll ask you to visit the nexus website which is www.nexusdetecting.com
Thanks for your time
magpie
DEUSBLOKE
Rally attendee

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2011, 12:41:59 AM »

Ive had the benefit of using a sovereign elite for a long time and also my e-trac for almost 2 years and now i also own the latest Deus with the longer lasting lythium polymer batteries in.My e-trac is a cracking machine but i have to say it as it is ok ....my finds rate on non-ferrous finds have gone up by 30% since using the Deus.Its very fast and for the size of the coil its more than deep enough and now the new coil is out tests have shown the depth of the Deus to be 1-2 inch or more deeper.Now i know people will say ahh yes but ive got a larger coil on my e-trac but how much does your machine now weigh ?.The other thing is yes its great having multiple frequency but the minelab coil only uses one at a time and not all at once and we already know which ones are best for different items in this country and the Deus has them pre-set.Finally on the subject of coil battery life the current life expectancy is 3-4 years and even then it will still perform at 80% of what it did when brand new.Also bear in mind that the e-trac battery also being rechargable only generates 1.2v per cell so a brand new e-trac is only performing at 80% from new.You may ask ok so how much does the new Deus coil battery cost ? the answer is around £30 fitted with a 2 weeks max turnaround and that for a battery lasting that long aint bad.HOWEVER i still like my e-trac and it still has its place but i have to be honest the Deus is the better one for me....deeper with new coil,lighter than anything out there,faster than anything out there,more portable than anything out there and its actually above most other machines on iron rejection and doesnt null out like minelabs when going over bad targets with a good one next to it.Worth every penny but technology has moved on now !!.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:33 AM »

You don't have to persuade me as I'm already a convert!

The new coil  (13" x 11") is £349 which is a lot cheaper than most were expecting.

If depth is your thing I'm positive even the Nexus (as mentioned in this thread) or Explorer/ET range
will be left gasping for breath!

The only thing that should or may put people off is the price. It's like anything in life, you get what
you pay for.  Cool

DEUSBLOKE
Rally attendee

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »

You don't have to persuade me as I'm already a convert!

The new coil  (13" x 11") is £349 which is a lot cheaper than most were expecting.

If depth is your thing I'm positive even the Nexus (as mentioned in this thread) or Explorer/ET range
will be left gasping for breath!

The only thing that should or may put people off is the price. It's like anything in life, you get what
you pay for.  Cool

Hi mate !! i reckon now with the new coil it will be an awesome package and will certainly always hold good value should one ever deicide to sell which in my case is very unlikely.Its interesting that despite all the hype the minelabs get with all the advertising etc that even though the Deus has been out over a year now its seconhand value hasnt really dipped under a grand so its more than holding its own i reckon.Imagine if one used good duracells in the lab ever weekend for 3 years how much it would cost ! it actually works out round about £750.Ill stick with what i have i reckon because it will be 3-4 years before i have to spend £30 on her !!
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »

The only people who knock the Deus are the ones that haven't used it. You can now pick one up for £1250
(new via Treasure land on E Bay) which is what a new E T was about a year ago before the price crashed.

I've heard so many say "it's expensive" but don't seem to click that it's what the E T cost. Sometimes I
believe people just want something to knock it. A large SEF can be £150 to £225?. The larger Deus
coil at £349 (delivered) is different in that you are buying a 'second' detector as the Lithium Polymer batteries, wireless transmisson and processor are built into the coil. All that's needed is a second stem and you with the
original cordless backphones or control unit a second person can use it whilst another can continue with
the original coil.

Monsterlab users seem to think that they've got it sewn up as their machine uses multiple frequencies
but this, strictly speaking, isn't true! It uses the best frequency for the ground conditions.........not
necessarily the best frequency for what you are hunting for!

Add this to the Deus wharp speed recovery it has from one target to another and I'm surprised that even
more Deus's aren't seen at clubs and rallies. People can be slow to change, but with a part exchange
and interest free, it's within grasp of most people in employment.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:43:58 PM by rjm » Logged

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »

I'm looking forward to getting the feedback on the new coil and if the hype is anything to go by then it will definitely be a must have machine, I just hope that they (Regton) begin to give the option of the larger coil as a standard package rather than a second coil, which will save some people some money.
Deusbloke don't get confused by voltage as this is regulated big time in the circuitry of the Etrac so there is no difference between 1.5 and 1.2 volts in use. Also the fbs and bbs systems do as you say only emit one frequency but measure the signal decay of not only the sent frequency but of a multitude of it's harmonics thus multi frequency.
As for the price well I would say "RIDICULOUS" not only the Deus but the Etrac, Explorer and the Vision. Minelab started it by pushing the Etrac through the £1000 barrier and the other producers realised that we are stupid enough to pay it and so who can blame them for chancing their arm.

I think that XP are on to a winner regarding the weight, Minelab could and should of done it years ago. The wireless aspect I still find slightly gimmicky and unnecessary but I think this is going to happen more because VLF technology has gone as far as it's going to go, and the makers are going to need to drip feed us (as minelab have done for years) so that we continue to buy the newest model.

I don't have an issue with the weight of the Explorers purely because I'm used to it, so until I win the lottery I'll be staying with them. and even then I think I would use both as they are different animals and each has it's uses.
saxonman

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »

I can see me and Bob detecting in our ninetys while minelab owners with there over stretched arms(like apes)will be wareing  plaster on there fingers and arms.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2011, 06:11:57 PM »

Good post there Geoff.

XP have no plans whatsoever to sell the Deus with a choice of coils. It will always be sold with the 9" coil and if you want the larger one it will be an additional £349 delivered.

Personally I would think the 9" coil handy for ploughed, parks, stubble, and severe iron infested areas, etc., so
if depth floats your boat you will have to fork out the additional spondulicks.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »

I can see me and Bob detecting in our ninetys while minelab owners with there over stretched arms(like apes)will be wareing  plaster on there fingers and arms.

I can only speak for myself. I no longer get tennis elbow or a 'locked' arm after a detecting session.

Gwilym, I wouldn't got upsetting or abusing Monsterlab users as their muscles are awesome and they would turn green,
burst their shirt buttons and have you!    Grin

DEUSBLOKE
Rally attendee

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »

I'm looking forward to getting the feedback on the new coil and if the hype is anything to go by then it will definitely be a must have machine, I just hope that they (Regton) begin to give the option of the larger coil as a standard package rather than a second coil, which will save some people some money.
Deusbloke don't get confused by voltage as this is regulated big time in the circuitry of the Etrac so there is no difference between 1.5 and 1.2 volts in use. Also the fbs and bbs systems do as you say only emit one frequency but measure the signal decay of not only the sent frequency but of a multitude of it's harmonics thus multi frequency.
As for the price well I would say "RIDICULOUS" not only the Deus but the Etrac, Explorer and the Vision. Minelab started it by pushing the Etrac through the £1000 barrier and the other producers realised that we are stupid enough to pay it and so who can blame them for chancing their arm.

I think that XP are on to a winner regarding the weight, Minelab could and should of done it years ago. The wireless aspect I still find slightly gimmicky and unnecessary but I think this is going to happen more because VLF technology has gone as far as it's going to go, and the makers are going to need to drip feed us (as minelab have done for years) so that we continue to buy the newest model.

I don't have an issue with the weight of the Explorers purely because I'm used to it, so until I win the lottery I'll be staying with them. and even then I think I would use both as they are different animals and each has it's uses.

This link kinda explains the thing with rechargeables and the voltage expected to be seen by the etrac and now we know this we can look at the rechargeable pack itself which as you can see is not the 12v the machine expects to see !!.Dont get me wrong here i have an etrac and its a great machine but there are alternatives and the one i chose is actually better for myself !!.

http://www.mlotv.com/view/209/mlotv-classroom-rechargeable-batteries/
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »

Basically, The E T will work fine with recahrgeables except that the battery indicator on the machine will or may not accurately report the true state of the battery as it is expecting 12v from the 'alkaline' battery holder.

In other words, carry a spare rechargeable battery pack if using rechargeables in the alkaline pack.

DEUSBLOKE
Rally attendee

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »

Basically, The E T will work fine with recahrgeables except that the battery indicator on the machine will or may not accurately report the true state of the battery as it is expecting 12v from the 'alkaline' battery holder.

In other words, carry a spare rechargeable battery pack if using rechargeables in the alkaline pack.

Good job the battery life is 12 to 15 hours on my coil then when its charged and its handy the Deus comes with an in field charger that runs off one battery and charges the coil or any other items in the time it takes to make a cup of tea and gives another 3-4 hours use if needed !! :-)

This is another benefit to also having the second larger coil with you because theres another 15 hours use on that too !!! how flippin handy is that mate !!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal