Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: MineLab E-trac VS XP Deus  (Read 102033 times)
xterra
Rally attendee

« on: May 07, 2010, 01:57:49 PM »

Hi People,

I'm wondering which of these two machines to buy either the Minelab E-trac or the XP Deus?Huh

I'm using a MineLab Xterra 70 at the moment which has been good to be fair but want to up grade.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Grin
viking

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »

only now i bought my etrac but im sure when more people join the forum later. u should have a lot of replies... until i get use to mine i cant tell u... cheers vik
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »

I'll probably get bricked by my detecting partner RJM on this, Prepare for the worms to be opened Grin
The e-trac weighs about the equivalent of a transit van compared to the Deus,The recovery speed is significantly slower too, but
the E-trac is a Full band spectrum machine, it works perfectly on ALL soil types without falsing and you dont get good signals off hot rocks(with the sensitivity set properly), perfect on wet sand, never needs to be ground balanced (noise canceled yes, to remove interference from other machines). Its definitely a deep machine, but the Deus has good depth too considering the coil size.
The e-trac has better discrimination with its multi tones, but this can drive some people nuts, the Deus will give you two, or four (so will the E-trac BTW, but i prefer to use all of its tools in the tool box so to speak).
The Deus is lighting fast on recovery,RJM can cover 1000Yards whilst i've covered about 100!!, but i go slow and low, and to be honest, i think my find recovery rate is better, but RJM is still learning his machine.
I see the Deus as a rally machine, when its clear what you want to find I.E. roman or hammered in ploughed field, so you want to cover a lot of ground quickly to best effect with as little arm fatigue as you can, the Deus should excel here, but on your own field when time is yours and you want to dig those iffy signals once youve cleaned up on the simple finds, then , i feel , the E-0trac will be king of the hill.
I've had my E-trac coming up to 12 months now, i'd never part with her, she has done me proud, but i'm saving for a Deus too, just for the rallies (apart from anything else it folds down small enough to stuff under your jacket and carry on the bus!).
It's a tough choice, best decided by what you want to use them for, your physical fitness and familiarity with the minelab multi tones.
The E-trac is the best all rounder in my opinion though.
Salty Smiley
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:01:01 PM by Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club, R.A.R.E. » Logged

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
xterra
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »

Thanks for that its a great help!   Grin
StumbledUpon

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »

Excellent post Salty. Smiley
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »

Welcome to DW, X-Terra. You should come to our next rally, when it's organised.

Smiley

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »

Good Informative post Karl  Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »

I agree with most that Karl has written. I can't really choose as I haven't used the E Trac but have used the Safari
and had a couple of Minelab Sovereigns.

The Deus is the only single frequency machine I have used that will knock out hot rocks and still pick up foil, hammereds etc.

It should be remembered that the Deus has a 9" coil against the E Trac's 11" so the E Trac will get a bit deeper and ID better at depth, at the moment. A 13 x 11 coil is out later this year which I think will have the beating of the E Trac.

The Deus will do wet sand but only 30-40% of the efficiency of the E Trac. However, later this year you will be able to use the Deus and yourself totally submerged in water (The control box goes in a waterproof I-pod bag with waterproof headphones).

The Deus is, the fastest recovering machine from target to target on the market. It's so good it will pick up, for example, 2 or 3 mm of ring pull sticking out from under an iron bar several inches above.

You can alter the tones from 1 to 4 and even adjust the tone for various targets. Also, choose your search frequency and up the transmit power.

I'm not going to knock the E Trac as it is an excellent machine and could have been so much better if Minelab had
made it lighter with cordless headphones, etc.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

I've used dozens and dozens of machines over the years and the Deus is the best as far as I'm concerned due to it's versatility and lightness.

The E Trac is good. It takes a while to get to use it properly like Karl, but it does the business when used low and slow.

Good luck choosing !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 09:07:42 PM by rjm » Logged

xterra
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

Thanks rjm, that's very interesting reading!
Think i'm going to get the etrac for now because of the waiting list of the XP Deus.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »

Thanks rjm, that's very interesting reading!
Think i'm going to get the etrac for now because of the waiting list of the XP Deus.

There's a waiting list for one reason.......because the Deus is good!

If you can't wait then get a second hand E Trac for about £800. Not too bad at that price and if you can't hack the weight and slow recovery then you'll get most of your money back.

Rob
Rally attendee

No0b

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »

Have a friend who has both and has tested them heaps he says the ETrac is better on the beach without a doubt and on pasture etc, he has however had a little bit more luck on rolled soil with the Deus, the ETrac is also multi tone and does not need many parts charged up each time, his view is the Etrac is the better machine

My views is I havent bought a Deus and probably wont Tongue

I Use.....
Bryn81

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »

Deus for me for sure, plus will be geting extra depth from the new coil thats due out next year. cant wait Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 06:42:43 PM »

Yes but it's going to be over £400 for a coil Shocked
it will be deeper because it's bigger, stick a larger coil on the etrac and your back to square one, plus it won't cost you half that.
Bryn81

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

i have spoken to a large amount of people who have had both machines as well as dealers who sell both the e trac and the Deus, and 9 times out of 10 when asked which they think is their favourite they say the Deus because of the amount of finds, recovery speed, the weight, how easy it is to use compared to the etrac and the fact it can go just as deep if not deeper than the etrac with the 9" coil.

i do think that the Deus is a little expensive at the moment but again if it is going to increase the amount of finds you get in my books its worth it.

not forgetting tho the e trac is an amazing machine  Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 07:09:16 PM »

We must be talking to different dealers then and I'm in the business. lol. Don't get me wrong the Deus is a fantastic bit of kit and the reason the coil will be so expensive is that you will have in effect two detectors (1 controlled by the headphones and the other by the handset) But your right when you say the lightness is a winner as is the recovery speed (normal for XP).
I'm afraid who ever told you that the Deus with the 9" coil is deeper than the Etrac was pulling your leg, Though it does seem to grab smaller targets better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal