Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: MineLab E-trac VS XP Deus  (Read 102693 times)
Bryn81

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »

what your a dealer too? do you sell both machines? can you elaborate for me why you believe the e trac is the better machine of the two  Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »

No Not a dealer, I supply dealers.
Not better... different. If I was out doing general detecting then I would prefer the Deus as it is much lighter and would be happy with the depth which does seem to be very good and is better around iron, however if I was to find a very good site and had cleaned up the obvious signals, I would then go over it with the Etrac as it's target id (tonal) is far more accurate and when run "wide open" and maxed out is the deepest vlf machine on the market at present.
It is also better on beaches, but there again if I were to detect beaches in earnest, out of all Vlf's I would choose a Sovereign as it is deeper than either of the former.
So horses for courses.
Bryn81

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:43 PM »

oh rite so your saying from a personal choice you would opt for the e trac.
well it does seem like there is alot of people on this forum who actually think like you do with regards to the etrac.

to be honest its just making a decisoin harder for me with regards to which machine to actually choose. and part with some gard earned cash incase the decision was the wrong one lol
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

try before you buy -- some dealers have test beds which allow u to do that

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Bryn81

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »

try before you buy -- some dealers have test beds which allow u to do that

which dealers do this? any idea?
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »

I don't think there is a right or wrong one, only a personal one. As I said earlier in this thread if I had the money in my hand right now and no detector I would probably buy the Deus. We measure  a good detector too much by it's depth capabilities, Yes you need better than average depth when paying over £1000 for a machine, but enjoyment of use should be factored in and that is probably where the Deus does score against the Etrac.
If people want depth then they should buy a Nautilus which is only £700 new and knocks spots of the other two regarding depth but is an absolute pig to keep stable.
Also we fall for the bells and whistles so easily, Minelab were extolling the power of the new processors when the Etrac came out, well sorry Minelab my £40 phone has got far more processing power than the etrac. And XP are talking about there new wireless technology well once again sorry but my television remote control has been doing it for 30 years.
There is no doubt that we pay far too much for our detectors with no one to blame but ourselves the promise of riches is very alluring.
The reality is that since the early 80's depth has not increased pro-rata with cost. We have larger standard coils which instantly increases depth.

You pays your money you takes you chance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:12:24 PM by Chef (Geoff II) » Logged
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »

Joan allen always had one but not sure if they still do. If you are contemplating buying these machines I would really consider visiting a dealer to just get a feel for them and not just do mail order.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »

And beware when speaking to dealers they do have a "profit" axe to grind, also some are more aligned to Regtons (XP) and others feel there  best interests lie with Joan Allen (Minelab).
Bryn81

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »

most of the big dealers are miles away from me as i live in north wales, but i gues it would be worth the drive.

you've been very helpfull chef(geoff ) im sure you will have helped alot of people with your posts. thanks Smiley
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »

I know it's still a bit of a drive but what about Evergreen detectors, they are in Church Stoke, Powys. but at least they sell both detectors and being small they are more likely to have a test area.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »

I know it's still a bit of a drive but what about Evergreen detectors, they are in Church Stoke, Powys. but at least they sell both detectors and being small they are more likely to have a test area.

I bought my XP Deus from Evergreen (and some other detectors too) and they are very keen on price and will do the best part exchange they can. Tim, the owner is very friendly and an honest guy. Highly recommended dealer.

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »

i have also brought machines from evergreen ,cant fault em ,friendly,helpfull,they also have a small store in knighton so if thats closer for you ask about collection from there

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Bryn81

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

any ideas if they do any discounts on the Deus at all or price match maybe as i can get one for £1300 brand new.

was actually thinking about popping down there on saturday and taking a look and to have a good chat with someone with more experience than myself.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »

I would ring first to check that they have a Deus/E Trac in stock.

I looked at their website earlier and I didn't see the Deus which was on there previously.

I would advise that if you intend going detecting for more than a couple of hours each session then give due consideration to the Deus. The E Trac is good but after a couple of hours you will know you are using it, and you'll start taking frequent breaks!!!!

I'm 5'11" and not exactly a weakling and after 2 hours I noticed the weight. Don't say you weren't warned!!

If you decide on an E Trac then you can get one virtually new for about £800. The standard coil is excellent so don't be swayed on spending extra on SEF.

Bryn81

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »

I would ring first to check that they have a Deus/E Trac in stock.

I looked at their website earlier and I didn't see the Deus which was on there previously.

I would advise that if you intend going detecting for more than a couple of hours each session then give due consideration to the Deus. The E Trac is good but after a couple of hours you will know you are using it, and you'll start taking frequent breaks!!!!

I'm 5'11" and not exactly a weakling and after 2 hours I noticed the weight. Don't say you weren't warned!!

If you decide on an E Trac then you can get one virtually new for about £800. The standard coil is excellent so don't be swayed on spending extra on SEF.

what does the etrac actually weigh? my first choice is the Deus, but i guess i wont rule the etrac out until i have tried both or had a decent test anyway. it seems like they are pretty evenly matched

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal