Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Triple battle : XP Deus vs Teknetics T2 (Special Black edition) vs AT Pro (US)  (Read 24688 times)
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« on: May 08, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »

Just toying with getting a new machine (possibly selling my motorbike and XP GMP to fund, as I dont use the bike as much as I would a nice shiny new machine...).

I like the Deus but have never used one in anger. What is depth like ?   I know it can emulate different machines, so I can sell my GMP to help fund, but is there one really knockout program out there ?   I've Never used any of the others either, they all seem to have pretty good recovery speed from what I have seen on ebay and multitone response. Just wondered if anyone has experience of any of these machines ?

Garrett would be US version as I dont like the sound of the UK versions wider audio bands.

One of the guys at the last rally really rated the T2 and said it was the only machine that reliably detected a certain sample of (long thin) gold at depth that he demo'd to us on his DFX, My GMP detected it, but was iffy signal and quite close to coil, my V3 didnt sound off, only graphical display (could probably program to respond better with time to play with it)

Any comments ?

Cheers guys,

- Andy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:33:57 PM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »

Hi Andy

I have the Deus and love it. With regard to the test on the small piece of gold, the Deus got the audio but the numbers were jumpy.

I have tested it depth wise up against the E Trac against various targets before digging and both the E Trac and Deus got each others targets. I mention this as the E T is reckoned to be deep.

I haven't tried the T2 but the T2 limited is highly rated and supposedly really good on depth.

I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend as there probably isn't much between them. The Deus forum I belong to has members who have converted from The E Trac and various other machines to the Deus and reckon it's the best.

It might be an idea to have a go of a T2 Limited at a rally and see which you prefer and factor in the price.

Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »

Hi RJM,

Thanks for the reply, thats pretty much what I'd heard and seen so far on youtube etc. but not much mention of the T2 Limited edition, think you may be right about the rally being a good place to see one in action, would have been nice to have seen the result of the T2 on that gold piece myself, glad you also had a chance to try the Deus on it Smiley  Sounds like it was similar to my GMP as iffy signal then, how far from the coil did it respond ?    

I like the Deus for the response speed and also see that depth performance is comparable to E-Trac from what I have seen, so edging towards the Deus at the mo, but would like to test a bit more first...  I'll have to see if I can find a bit of jewelry here that gives me iffy response on GMP and take along with me I guess...   The guy was very impressed with the T2 LTD Ed  depth and its positive response to the target, may have to seek one out to try with a suitable "iffy" target I think...

Good advice, Tnx dude Smiley

Anyone else had any experiences ?   AT Pro doesnt seem to have gained a good foothold over here yet, probably early days...

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

The AT pro is basically an Ace250 on steroids. It submersible but how it'd work submersed in salt water I
don't know. Nothing wrong with the 250 but I think your choice lies with the T2 Ltd or Deus.

The Deus got the small gold piece about 4 to 5 inches above, in air. This was without changing the settings
I was using except trying 18 and 12khz.

With the sensitivity upped, Discrim lowered, and audio reactivity and TX changed to max it may have got some more depth but I know Steve had altered his Whites machine settings to specifically get the pure gold piece.

You could  get a small piece of gold and try it on the machines yourself.

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »

As Bob has said the AT Pro is more a medium range machine that has the "gimmick" of being waterproof. If you have the GMP (great machine by the way) and weight is not a problem then the Deus is not going to give you much more than you already have (check Rogers relics for a video comparing them....interesting).
The T2 is a lovely piece of kit but similar to your GMP, no good on the beach and is a bit sparky around coke. If you really want a machine that will see thin gold chains (why?) then you have got to look at the high frequency machines such as the Deus, G2 or gold bug.
just remember that as with all detectors, what you win on the swings you will loose on the roundabouts.
doddy10

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 06:50:25 PM »

I also took part in the gold test and buried the only machine that got a signal was a fisher F75. The Deus or the Etrac would not touch it no matter what I did, other people were swopping coils and settings on their machines and couldnt find it either.

I still rate the Etrac over the Deus, all my best finds have come from the Etrac, but on a hot summers day the Deus is nice to use. As you have a XP machine the Deus learning curve wont be as steep, but any of the machines mentioned will serve you well
Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »

I've got a T2 LTD/SE  It's the deepest machine I've used on pasture (silver viccy sixpence  at 11") and it's recovery around iron is excellent. I accidently left it on (with spkrs plugged in) in my house, it was still showing half battery power two days later. I've not used it on beaches- I've heard they'r not so good. In my tests it couldnt pick up a hammered eddy penny at 6" in fluffy mineralised rolled ploughed soil.

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home