Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping out the Mole man  (Read 2253 times)
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« on: September 17, 2010, 06:02:38 PM »

I had an interesting day yesterday. I got a call from local farmer , could I help find the mole mans (exterminator) traps . He had set a load of traps in a stubble field a couple of days ago. In the meantime the hedge trimming contractor came along and ran over most of the set traps and scattered the markers (bamboo canes).
 As the mole man is colour blind he cant see his canes amongst the stubble.
 This is where I come in, so with minelab in hand we start searching the wheel tracks of the trimmer. I had tested the response on a sample trap and it showed 31-29 ferrous on the digital display . about the crapiest iron tone possible.
So as the traps where near the surface I dropped the sens down to about 8, After an hour later we found 11 out of 12 missing traps and what I suspect was a dissolving trailer. I must have dug about 100 (or so it seemed ) large surface iron signals in a 10 foot wide swathe down the field.  bolts, big nails and general large odds of iron . and 2 non ferrous signals (oitment tubes).

On the plus side I have permission for a couple of hundred acres and a good contact in the mole man !
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »

Thats a great result Ian - I imagine that the "Mole Man" knows more farmers than the rest of us combined {well maybe not TaffLaff} Wink

A good day out.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

a good story well done buddy,heres another similar 1,,,out tectin today ,just finished when some bloke comes up and says the farmer is after you as he lost £60.00 in a field and says can you help,,,,,never tried tecting for notes before Huh Huh anyway we gets to the field and the farmer says can you detect the strip on the notes Huh,i guess so i says Undecided then i noticed hes raddled half the field so i ask him did you lose the notes after you did the field,he said no before  Shocked Shocked,needless to say i didnt find the £60.00 ,,,,,,is this even feasable to detect for notes  Huh Huh,,sorry ian for jacking your thread ........

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »

coo that must be a first...a farmer owning up to having money
 Grin Grin Grin
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »

Thats a good result Ian well done,  all those new fields was a good reward for all the work then
Alan

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 08:02:56 AM »

Paulywow,  perhaps you should get a few of you together to look for those notes,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal