Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A days detecting with the Club 55 Crew - Sunday 2nd May 2010  (Read 2712 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: May 03, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »

I managed to get out detecting for the first time in five weeks on Sunday with Rob, Ray and Geoff to a damp location over the border.

The day started bright and early and we were on the road by 7am swapping detecting news and holiday stories all the way. We arrived at the farm and found Geoff already there, soon got all suited and booted and headed into the first pastures.

Quite a few of the normal coppers, musket balls, buttons and various common finds were coming out, when I noticed an elated Rob in the distance giving me a Roman hand signal! The first decent find of the day had indeed fallen to Rob in the form of a lovely condition Roman coin - he was over the moon as it was his first ledgible one. Well done mate - well deserved. Wink

After a while we decided to head to some fields a bit further away and promptly got confused by the map, so I asked this guy who was out walking if we were in the right one. It transpired that we were in his field, as he was the guy who owned the farm next to the one we were on. Fair play to him though he asked us if we could detect on his land and walked us into his fields and started to tell us his theories regarding the land. What a result - we scored another farm! Grin Not a lot came up on his one pasture, but hes got a lot more for another day. I did however manage to find the largest Pot Leg (more likely to be off a couldren) I have ever seen. When it came out being bronze and covered in earth, I had visions of a Bronze Age chisel - Chef soon put me straight though on it being a pot leg. In fairness I could see it as soon as he mentioned it - just never seen one that size before!

After a while we trudged back detecting our way to the original field, with Ray finding a silver sixpence on route and Geoff finding a gaming token.

Shortly after I was detecting near Rob and he had dug a clump out so called me over saying "I got a good feeling about this mate - I think its a small hammered". He slowly prized open the baked soil and inside was a cut half that we guessed was Henry III. Rob was over the moon as it was not only his first cut half but also his oldest hamster to date. A great result.

The day was coming to a close and I for one was knackered, but very happy. I didn't find a lot, but thats the way it goes sometimes. Great day out.

Cheers
Neil
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:22:10 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:17:32 PM »

More

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »

Few more

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »

Well, Neil, since this 55 thing is being concealed from the rest of us, I hereby refuse to pay your finds any compliments whatsoever!

So there!

Grin  Grin  Grin

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »

I thought you would have guessed straight away Maximus! I did! Its obvious. Roll Eyes

I hasten to add I am not a member of their sect yet!

Neil

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 07:39:01 PM »

L.O.L. Grin

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »

neil,what you did find was a great start after a few weeks break,and ray are you useing the dog to sniff out the finds for you. Grin Grin Grin.viv
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »

I hasten to add I am not a member of their sect yet!

Smiley

Sect, lol! Kinda brings forth images of them performing human sacrifice and stuff...

Grin  Grin  Grin

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »

Welcome back Neil - great report Smiley
davtec (dave)

davtec

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 06:14:21 AM »

WELL DONE CAR 54 Cool Cool Cool

A wise man changes his mind: a fool never will.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal