Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Poll
Question: Would you like a rally that all could attend, without travelling miles ?
Between Cardiff / Swansea - 15 (75%)
Travel across bridge - 2 (10%)
Other - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like a Local Rally  (Read 7194 times)
zorro
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

Nomad my best find last weekend was a viccy silver sixpence...no hammerd..no roman...no axe heads....no gold. rob or geoffs fault AT ALL. never quite understood that mentality from people. if you are in the right area, and judging by the finds coming up we  were then it aint organisers fault.
yes you will ALWAYS get the gripers who dont find a hammered in first 20 mins and slag organisers off but thankfully they are few and far between.
for me the best part of the 2 dayer were the people....the worst part not trying Benny's homebrew  Sad i didnt realise he had spare glasses and i hadnt taken 1 with me.)
a DW rally...think Martini....any time any place any where. as far as im concerned.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »

Spot on Kev Top Man. My only gripe with a DW rally was when Silky placed a can of lager in my hand and then did not have to convince me to have another. It was a cracking weekend and lots more to come I hope. You almost brought a tear to my eye Kev. I have this lasting Image of Tafflaff and the tent. Hopefully one day the film will emerge. ( Mary where are you) Worth the fee alone.
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »

i had no joy when it came to finds, but i really liked seeing the other peoples finds, i just didn't walk in the right places,but what really made the weekend for me was the brilliant crowd,personally it was the best rally i have ever been on and can't wait for the next one.viv
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »

the friendship that has developed between those attending the rallies, is second to none. the helpful advice, guidance and banter is brilliant.

the warm welsh welcome is alive and kicking. Mrs H and i  have made so many friends through attending the rallies, thank you DW Wales for making it happen.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »

Well all I can say is its lovely to see so many positive remarks.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »

I agree, Rob. It's like the saying goes. "If you build it, they will come."

adesace

If I was a rich man

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »

All i can say is that i would travel anywhere to be with you bunch of nutters. I had a great weekend.. As for finding stuff, Its nice to get the occasional find but what the hell. I don't come home stamping my feet if i don't find or throwing my toy's out the pram you just get on with it and hope you find next time. See you at the next rally Grin Grin

Ade
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 10:18:40 PM »

I AGREE WITH ADE, WETHER I FIND OR NOT EVERY THING WAS WORTH IT JUST TO BE WITH THE LADS AND LASSES FROM DW,HURRY UP AND LETS GET TO GETHER AGAIN SOONWHERE EVER IT MAY BE .
DES
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:46 AM »

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of both.
I was up around the Llandovery,Pumpsaint,Llangattog  area last weekend on a Sunday Drive/pub crawl with the miss,s last Sunday.
Some stunning Ploughed and pasture land up there Rob,

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal