Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The passing of friends and Family and hammered coins  (Read 2770 times)
Junkman

« on: April 28, 2010, 07:09:15 PM »

This is really weird.

My father died 3 years ago after a short illness. The very last day I saw him alive I was awake at 6.30am as I couldn't sleep and went detecting to relax. I was out on the field early and it was a field that my father farmed. The very first signal of the day, dug at 7.30am was a Silver hammered. It was the very last thing I showed my father but even though he was ill, he still showed a lot of interest in it.

I have always viewed that coin as special for obvious reasons.

This week, I went detecting and again, the first very signal yeilded a superb hammered coin. This was at the same moment in time that my beloved cat was put down (unbeknown to me at the time)

So, do the detecting gods look down on us and give us a silver coin as a memory of those that are sadly departed. We don't find the coin, the coins finds us. Food for thought.

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »

often wondered about this train of thought, when i was tectin a few months ago i used to get a tingling in my legs and then went on to have a lovely hammered 10 mins later {call it anticipation if you will or coincidence}i was on a field the other day wher i have found nothing before my mate finds a early cut half he says would be nice if you found 1 today aswell ,,,10 mins later a lizzie hammereed pops up and then a nice geogian milled ,,, the finds for the day  went like this   me...hammered , georgian sixpence ,roman grot,,,my mate  hammered , george sixpence roman grot .......laugh if you like but its a little bit too coincidentall   

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Junkman

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:49:06 PM »

I have been detecting many a time and during a blank period I suddenly have this thought of a coin come into my head and a second later a signal...............and up pops a coin???

This has happened so often that when the thought happens, I now know it will be a coin and i am mysteriousely correct more often than not.

Very strange

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »

looks like we have a bunch of non believers on this site ,,,,,an im surprised after all the whilst i was walking back to the car a lovely signal popped out stories Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »

spirits of yesteryears show me where the gold appears,,,,come on guys this is a talkative thread.

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 07:28:18 AM »

Someone told me once, "if you feel lucky you'll be lucky",and be positive about your Detecting,you must have an "I can i will attitude" !
Well everytime i detect i never feel lucky or have a positive attitude ( Saying that i never have a Positive attitude about anything lol )  and i still manage to winkle good Finds out of the Ground.

I'm of the school of thought .."You have to walk over it to find it"

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 07:35:50 AM »

The only thing Ive found very strange over the years,(unrelated to detecting)

When my Dad died i inherited all his tools and a large bits and bob,s box
Every time I need a washer,screw,Bolt,hinge,door handle bar,picture hook the correct drill blah blah blah
I can always find one in that box,
I can even find things for friends and  family
Thats even more amazing coz he was tight fisted Bugger ! lol

As a mark of respect i always say "THANKS DAD" when ever i need something and its there
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

Some strange things have happend to detectorists in the past around the time of a good find,   who knows hey,
 when i found my hoard i felt as if i was guided there,,  then felt attacked by the gods with overhead thunder and forked lightening as soon as i found it,

a strange coincedence hey, but many people before they actualy die experience the out of body stuff before hand,

Just savoure the moment, those coins will mean a lot more to you than any others you may find,
 Best wishes
Alan

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »

Ha ha Phil  ,  My hair dresser says its a man thing holding onto things that maybe needed another day,  or for spare parts  repairing something,  where as the woman next door will throw anything away that stands still for 5 minutes,   Then her husband comes home and gets it all back out of the wheelie bin playing hell with her  after she demands all new stuff lol,

she went into his garage last year and threw his part used tins of paint in the bin,  lol,  quite rightly so he played hell with her and got them back out again,, lol

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »

I've just come home from my grandmothers funeral so I'll give the theory a shot tomorrow. So far the only "hammered" is normally me at the Wake!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal