Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: garrett coin hunter  (Read 9364 times)
mickycoin "mick"

« on: March 06, 2009, 01:27:29 PM »

hi  i have just found an old machine, that i forgot i hade while clearing out the garage. it still looks in good condition,  its green in colour ,has a slide in battery pack a 10/1/2 inch coil, 4 pin connector. on the coil is" super depth,"  "twin curcuit"  "discriminator"   "x"  is this now a collectors item ?? 

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »

Don't know Micky , if it's working the only surefire way to find out is put it on ebay, it may be just what someone is looking for!
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »

hi there have thought about that, thats were it will probably end up thanks for your reply mick

mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:21:15 AM »

hi trigger photographs are not my strong point at the moment, but will a have a go , might take a little while   mick Tongue 

mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »

hi trigger still having problems getting pictures on correct size, have been given alot of help by charles cater on how to do it but i am still strugling , but will keep at it  sorry for the delay   mick

U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:32:51 AM »

This is either the 15 kHz "featherlight" Groundhog VLF/TR which was one of the worlds (including the U.K.) best selling machines or the 5 kHz longbox Deepseeker VLF/TR.

The Groundhog had four PP3 batteries, the Deepseeker six.

The Groundhog's higher frequency meant better discrimination, the Deepseekers low frequency gave more depth.

Both had a range of coils when they came out, a mixture of Co-Planner and Co-Axial types from 7.5" up to 14". None of the waiting around as happens nowdays !

The advantage of these machines was that they had no drift circuitry when other machines often had to be repeatedly reset/retuned and they had a twin circuit specially wound coil which allowed you to either detect in discrimination for salt beaches and high rubbish areas or use the deeper seeking all metal mode and I.D. iron by the far wider audio response that iron would give compared to the tight signal of non ferrous.
Ted Fletcher back in 1979 said "Pros call it the go anywhere machine"...."If I could only own one detector it would have to be this one"...."When you learn its secrets this machine will talk to you".

I would still have my "Featherlight" if it hadn't been stolen from my car. (featherlight meant about 5 lbs in those days !)

Just for interest the most versatile machine of the day was a Garrett B.F.O. Could be used for gold hunting, coinhunting, relics etc. Coils were 3.5, 6.5, 3.5 + 6.5, 5 + 12, 12 and 13 x 24 inch. Plus underwater coils.
The 3.5 + 6.5 and 5 + 12 were combined coils, two sizes in each coil. You changed from one to the other at the flick of a switch. It was a DISCRIMINATOR and fully adjustable at that. So when you read the articles on detectors and they skip over B.F.O. as just toys they were the bees knees at one time if you bought a professional one.
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »

have finally got the photo i hope" trigger"  and thanks "uk brian " for your information also  mick

mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 11:35:47 AM »

Hello Micky CoinMIck Smiley what you have there is exactly what "uk brian" described a 15khz machine Garret had two diferant frequencey lines on offer the long box the at around 5kz and the coin hunters short box 15kz I used to own a garret groundhog it was the top model in the 15khz range very god Iron discrimination but al manual controls non motion vlf/tr machine very deep on damp sand on the pound coins would stil be efectiv e today in parks and picnic areas if working   Smiley mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal