Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fisher F5  (Read 5684 times)
bigwig
Rally attendee

« on: April 07, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »

Hi all

Just wondering what your thoughts and opinions on the Fisher F5 are (inland and beach), as I've read what seems to be all good reviews on this as a mid price machine but having good capabilities?

Bigwig
zorro
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:27 AM »

Bigwig personally i don't use a Fisher but im sure there are guys here that have used them, funnily enough you dont see many fisher's on our rallies .
at £350 new i think id rather look for a 2nd hand minelab explorer, which will do both beach and land better.
but that's just me. you've come to the right place to ask though mate good luck.
dont forget even if you havent got a detector and you can make it to one of our rallies there'll be a few ther who will be willing to lend you a detector to try out.
StumbledUpon

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:03:58 PM »

Hi bigwig, Interesting read is Dave Johnson's metal detector review @ detector stuff,(still cant do links) note what he says about the omega 8000, he did the electronics of both machines, Also I think if you did get the F5 you would eventually want to upgrade the coil to the 11'DD,  Smiley
Detector_Girl
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »

Hi there.

I've just bought a Fisher F5 and I have to say, the manual isnt that great - so it's taking me a while to get to grips with all the functions... but I'm new to detecting, so things like 'thresh' 'gain' and 'ground balance' dont mean much me!  Despite the limited instructions, the unit is really user friendly, lightweight and seems to be brilliant value for the price, a lot of technology for the money.  I found a lovely silver ring on my first trip out so was very pleased, but if anyone has any tips for using the F5 I'd be really really keen to hear from them! 

Many thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal