Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Cameras?  (Read 3384 times)
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« on: March 23, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »

I'm thinking of investing in a good digital camera to help record my finds and also for everyday use. I know that some DW members have digital cameras so I'd be interested to hear what ones you have, how much you paid and where, and how you rate them.

Thanks. Smiley

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »

You all know I favour the Nikon Coolpix 5200. Only about 6 meg and cost about £320 when I bought it new.

You see them on an ebay now for £15-£30!!! Shocked

Really good camera for the field and very robust.

Can't fault it really at all.

Hope that helps Leighton
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »

Hi Leighton
Ive got a Panasonic DMC-LZ4 8 Meg Lumix 6 times Optical zoom £200+ new 3/4 years ago
I love talking photography
I invested a lot of time and money years ago
went to night school 3 years running i wanted to run my own developing lab
developing Glamour and wedding pics, my Ex wife was a professional snapper
A few months into my new Biz Digital cameras come on the market ;0(

I bought a top of the range Cannon EOS 35mm last year for £35 pounds on ebay
Dont knock the 35mm,s
You dont have to spend a fortune on batterys or waste time recharging
and you can get a 35mm film developed for less then £2 and a good model SLR is just as easy to use as a Digital

waltonbasinman
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »

Totally agree Phil. Have a Olympus FE 110 that's four years old and is quick and easy to use. Only 5MP but that is totally adequate for the web and recording whilst out detecting. I also have two Minolta Dynax 35mm cameras that regularly get used on all sorts of occasions at expect to see them at the two dayer clicking away.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 11:28:17 AM »

Im glad im not alone Paul
I love the click cluck of a 35mm
When my  exwife was Working she used 2 Olympus OM10,s both with manual adapters.last going off she got Pantax auto focus.
I used a Pentax K1000 for about 25 years it never let me down and and its been all over the world i think i only bought 3 batterys for it,
Dont get me wrong I like Digial but a Picture taken with a good 35mm SLR with a good quality film and good prosessing has got a warmth and richness that Digital Photograph cant Match ....as yet

Dont get me Talking Cameras Paul Or i,ll keep this thread going for months  lol
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:38:06 AM by PHIL YNYSBOETH (R.A.R.E) » Logged
zorro
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »

Sorry guys but i have drawerfulls of holiday snaps with heads missing, people's eyes shut , under exposure, over exposure,  out of focus and dont get me started on RED EYE !!!!  Angry Angry Angry
now i only print off the pics i want and guess what .....THEY ALL HAVE HEADS  Grin Grin Grin
for purists, proffesionals and generally people who know what they are doing  35mm is probably "true" photography.........for everyone else theres DIGITAL .............and Tesco's developeing.

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »

lol Kev
The older i get the more i hanker for..... Bread you have to cut yourself,crackly radio broadcasts,tellys you tune in with a dial,Record players,Manual car window winders,manual Choke cars,Round light switchs,Electric bar heaters.Vhs recorders,and Policeman who dont look like 15 year olds lol  Grin Grin Grin

I thank the lord most of my Pics are headless the state on the hair styles ive had over the years lol

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001SN72TK/ref=asc_df_B001SN72TK600719?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B001SN72TK

Cheap as chips and a bloody good camera/camcorder!
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:52:12 PM »

my old pentax m.e.super and an assortment of lens, from fish-eye to tele,various filters,multipliers etc etc...in my aluminium case and shoulder bag are all wasting away in the attic....i loved my old photographic gear  Cry...at least the tripod and monopod fit my digital camera......those were the days,,,,SIGH....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »

Hi Byron

Why dont  you pass them on ??
Ive found you wont get much on ebay theres to many selling very cheaply
but you could make more Beer tokens in the Adtrader
I sold a camera in the adtrader last year to a Student who was spending a few months walking
in Africa he said he didnt want the hassle of finding batterys for a digital camera in the bush !

I liked the Pentax Me they was half the size and weight of my Pentax K1000

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal