Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FINDS AT RALLIES or OTHER LAND  (Read 2566 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: March 09, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »

as i have been detecting now about six half years and i always wonder do we find our good finds on land we have got or land we get invited to or on rallies Huh in my case it as evened out  over the last year or so . so whats our thoughts on this fellow members Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:19 AM »

My luck is useless on Rallies, Useless on other peoples land .  Much more luck on land that I do regulary

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »

ive been on 2 rallys with you guys ,got 1 hammered, weekend wanderers rally 0 {was the first time last year with those guys},dont really do other peoples land so no comment on that one,, my own land usually 1 or 2 hammies most weeks  now just got permision for another 2 farms which i have yet to get on {hopefully weekend}will let you know how i get on

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 12:28:35 PM »

by the way PAULYWOW.........................HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday Grin Wink
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »

cheers dude can i say sorry to rob for bothering him on the phone last night Smiley

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »

I don't find much on either, but i enjoy the company and getting out in the fresh air , to me thats what its all about , any finds are a bonus to me.

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »

to true mate nothing better than getting together with like minded guys n gals and enjoying the day together doing something we all love

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 01:32:49 PM »

My luck is useless on Rallies, Useless on other peoples land .  Much more luck on land that I do regulary

No, No,No, Rob it's got nothing to do with luck, it's the law of averages. A typical rally lasts 7 hours less 1 for lunch, tea coffee etc, that leaves 6, now, you talk for 4.8 hours, either putting your headphones on or off while getting ready to talk for .2 of an hours, looking around for someone to talk to .4 of an hour and walking over to talk to someone .2 of an hour. Which leaves 20 minutes actual detecting. Grin Grin Grin Grin simples
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »

No, No,No, Rob it's got nothing to do with luck, it's the law of averages. A typical rally lasts 7 hours less 1 for lunch, tea coffee etc, that leaves 6, now, you talk for 4.8 hours, either putting your headphones on or off while getting ready to talk for .2 of an hours, looking around for someone to talk to .4 of an hour and walking over to talk to someone .2 of an hour. Which leaves 20 minutes actual detecting. Grin Grin Grin Grin simples

Grin Grin ROFL Grin Grin Sad but true Grin But we love him Wink

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
zorro
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 02:15:36 PM »

Geoff
 your critical analysis of Rob on a rally day is very SAD
....but very true i'm affraid.
like it  Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 02:49:30 PM »

I've never found anythng really nice on any rallies I've done in Wales but have on rallies I've done 'over the bridge'!

I think this is because a lot of club rallies are fields picked at random rather than one where research has been done and a quick 'reccy' backs research up.

I notice some rallies later this year are charging £20 a day. Add the cost of travelling, etc and it's not too cheap. (This also brings to attention previous posts that say that if you paying that kind of money then any valuable finds should be 100% the finder, and nowt for the landowner if he's having a chunk of the fee.)

Also, the point has been made about us chatting, eating, walking, etc., take that lot out of 6 hours and you can see why we might do better on our own fields.

Baby Owl
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »

Careful Chef. Tafflaff detecting for 20 mins at a DW rally. He will have you for defamation of character if he reads this.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »

Careful Chef. Tafflaff detecting for 20 mins at a DW rally. He will have you for defamation of character if he reads this.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Tafflaff is an amazing detectorist................how he can detect and eat Clarks pies at the same time is some trick !!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal