Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MXT found paper money.  (Read 2549 times)
Richy
Superhero Member

« on: November 01, 2008, 09:48:21 AM »

I bought an MXT when they first came on the market and as my parents lived along side the Mon & Brecon canal I thought the towpath and locks would be a great place to test the machine so off I went on a bright sunny morning..

Running off the towpath are numerous small well beaten tracks that are used as shortcuts to houses, hostelries etc. I had only gone a couple of yards down one of these tracks that leads to a local pub when I had a signal that nearly burst my eardrums and registered 'overload' on the machine.

I moved the grass about with my foot and saw a pile of modern coinage lying on the surface, I also noticed an unpleasant smell in the same area..About 2 feet from the coins I saw a leather wallet and directly behind the coins and wallet, forming a triangular shape, was a pile of human, what shall we say?...do-doos hence the unpleasant smell!

I picked up the coins , opened the wallet and inside was £35 in notes, credit cards, personal papers and a plastic drivers licence with the guys name and address. I went to his house which was only a hundred yards or so from the finds, I knocked on the door and a guy bleary eyed and very hung over opened it. "Lost anything?" I said, He gave me a puzzled look so I gave him his wallet and God's honest truth he hadn't realised he'd lost it! He told me he'd been to his local boozer the previous night and been taken short on his way home, the wallet and coins must have fallen out of his trousers when he took them down to do his dirty deed. lol. Anyway, he was pleased to get his wallet back and let me keep the coins (about 4 quid) as a reward.  I often see him about and he told me he now keeps his wallet and change in his jacket pockets!
Richy.   

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »

Don't you just love the MXT, I have found the smallest of things with it!

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »

Yuk lol
The things us Detectorist have to go through
Great story Dickle.
Sometime ago my Good friend Derek found a small wooden casket with a brass plate with an inscription that read something like.... "Tom loved this place so much he wanted this spot to be his last resting place"  on the mountain side above Abercynon Know locally as the gap white Detecting with his Little king Charles spaniel
He Respectful replanted the old boy .
He Won the best letter prize in the Searcher for his story.
He failed to mention in the story that when ever he took the dog up there again the dog would try to dig the old fella back up lol
If i can find the Issue I,ll put it on the forums story page
The moral of this story is......If you want your ashs Planted take advancement in Detector technology into account and get someone to plant you deep lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal