Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: walking home...  (Read 5450 times)
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« on: March 01, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »

Walking home from work this morning i was quite shocked to find a leather wallet !!!  Theres £20 in £5 notes ..a bank card for nat west....national insurance card and a bridge card for the swimming and stuff inside. Just from the name on the bank card ive gone onto face book and even got his birth date..... scary huh ?

Ive sent the young man  a friends request asking him if he has lost anything so i will update later and let you know if its been returned yet ! Silly sod must have been a little tipsy walking home last night me thinks  Roll Eyes

still a nice change to find a few notes though  Grin

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »

hey well done lovedoc mate,  good on you boy,  facebook, hmm you'll never know hey, i tried that when i found that phone but she wasn't on there,

best of luck with it anyhow, good on you, i hope you get a drink out of it,
Alan

150aceboy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

Hey butty, well done to you mate, any news on the owner fella ?
Ace
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »

Don't be hard on the youngster!

My brother went to a works do in Cardiff and had a 'good drink' and got the train back to Abergavenny. At the station he decided to take a short cut over the lines in the dark but fell over. He continued staggering home.

The following morning he found he'd lost his wallet, glasses AND mobile phone.

Remembering he fell, he went back and they were still there....but the glasses were broken.

He was 50 in February !!!    Just shows you never grow up. Can happen at any age!  Grin

waltonbasinman
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »

I remember walking not to many years ago on a bitterly cold evening to our local about a mile and a half away with a few mates. Arrived to buy the first round and had deliberately not taken my wallet as we were on a mission but the fifty quid was not there. I was treated to all night and promised to make it up again to the lads. As we slept in the pub being worse for wear we walked back in the morning home and there was the fifty quid lying on the road, covered in frost but all there. One lucky person.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »

I remember walking not to many years ago on a bitterly cold evening to our local about a mile and a half away with a few mates. Arrived to buy the first round and had deliberately not taken my wallet as we were on a mission but the fifty quid was not there. I was treated to all night and promised to make it up again to the lads. As we slept in the pub being worse for wear we walked back in the morning home and there was the fifty quid lying on the road, covered in frost but all there. One lucky person.

And did you stick to your promise and take them out for treating you all night ?  Bet not.  Wink

Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »

well done lovedoc.good on you mate. Wink

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
TheLoveDoc

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »

Yes Alan mate ( pops) it was your post about the return of the phone you found that inspired me to try and return it. Still no reply from him yet Ace mate but im sure its him as he has friends on his list that live around here. LOL rjm.... ok fella i will only take the **** a little bit when i meet him !!  Roll Eyes

Thanks Ian mate  Wink

1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
waltonbasinman
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »

And did you stick to your promise and take them out for treating you all night ?  Bet not.  Wink

Oh yes indeed. It led to me giving up the lotion. It,s a long story but basically I put fifty quid behind the bar for us five lads and we went and won the bale pushing contest. Prize was a barrel of cider. I think none of us has ever recovered.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
TheLoveDoc

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »

the young lad picked his wallet up tonight .... bless him should have seen his little face ...AWWWWW  Grin

1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
seeker

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 11:25:07 PM »

good karmar for you well done mate , what go"round comes round  Grin

150aceboy
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 04:03:56 AM »

Thats great Doc mate, nice to hand it back fella, bet he was overjoyed , well done bud.
Ace  Wink
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 07:33:36 AM »

Hey well done Mr. Lovedoc.  you got a result boy,  the power of the internet hey,  don't it just make you feel good,
 well done ole boy.
 Alan

waltonbasinman
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 09:47:33 AM »

Well done Lovedoc. Not many would have been so honest
zorro
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »

well done Love Doc, im a big believer in what goes around comes around...and your due for some good luck coming your way........i want to follow you around on next rally  Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal