Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAVE YOU LEFT BEHIND  (Read 4481 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: February 26, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

Grin as iv done it in the past a few times as well Embarrassed................ when you have got to your detecting place after traveling a while in the car have you got ready to detect and then realised you HAVE LEFT SOMETHING BEHIND AT HOME Embarrassed Embarrassed..................
I have even left my detector at home , and headphones  Huh ::)what about the rest of you folks..........story as well if you want Wink
zorro
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »

my dad left a set of predator headphones down the beach once, went back GONE  Cry
waltonbasinman
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »

Touch wood Kev I have never forgot anything for detecting. I did go to the Carleon 2 rally with the better halfs  car keys in me pocket. Not a happy bunny when she phoned me at 10 in the mornin just as Dave found the BOMB.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:23:26 PM by Waltonbasinman (Paul) » Logged
detectordave

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »

Richard 16.dd left his minelab e-trac and koss headphones in a field when he went back for them a couple of DAYS later the e-trac had been put in the hedge but his headphones were gone never to be seen again

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:23:45 PM »

Richard 16.dd left his minelab e-trac and koss headphones in a field when he went back for them a couple of DAYS later the e-trac had been put in the hedge but his headphones were gone never to be seen again

Must have been a very knowledgeable detectorist to leave the E Track!!  Must have been good headphones though!   LOL   Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:25:50 PM by rjm » Logged

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

I left a black Ada spade behind when I'd finished, by the car. Went back and it was gone. Cry

Once, I was in a field detecting, with a mate, on a really hot summers day. I had a large stainless steel flask and put it in the hedge hidden of the field we were in, so that I didn't have to carry it around. When I went to use it some b*****d had stolen it.  I did see a bloke leaning on the gate of the field but how he knew it was there I don't know.  Cry

I have left my headphones at home and just had to use the detector speakers.

Probably the worst thing was having my car window smashed and a cheap digital movie camera stolen. Was lucky, as my XP Goldmaxx Power was on the back seat and that wasn't touched. I thought the car was safe as it was parked at the entrance to some fishing lakes and caravan park on a bright sunny Sunday afternoon.

I have all my detecting stuff insured on my house contents insurance.

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »

i have lost a black adder {large }spade in a field  across the road from me and i have been in the same field many times since and all i say is that its gone , it makes you wonder if you can lose a spade in a field and never see it again what else is in there?

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »

Last rally,  my silly brother brought all the items you need to make a nice cup of coffee,  gas stove lighter cups sugar milk spoons,  great until we went (on a cold day)  to make the coffee,  he left the   KETTLE in his house,  good job I brought a flask of hot water,  so i saved the day Grin.   Oh yea  I lost my cherry on the beach in Barry. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.
Kiwi Terry
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 12:31:15 AM »

HEHEHE
16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 01:09:18 AM »

memories...lol
the misses ...
the kids....
the bleeding dirrections ...
my money...
and as dave said my etrac..... but this was not completely  my fault i asked the boys detecting with me if they had put everything in the car as i had to go to rest in the car weren't well at all .. they said yes its all in so went home dropped them home and went straight to bed this was sunday ...
wednesday night at 9.00pm i went to show my mate in swansea club my machine etrac but it weren't there . i thought were the f in l is it then thought maybe its still there so drove down the 20 odd miles at about 200 miles an hour flapping thinking £1400 quid down the drain .. oh god please be there please be there ..
got there and it looked like it had gone...
thankfully some very kind person had lifted it over the gate and hidden it just out of veiw with my spade next to it it was lucky in 2 ways as i thought it weren't there and i just got out to blow off some steam and just managed to see it...
my heart went leaping with overjoyment pressed the button and she fireup lovely been raining for 2 days .
i got it home took it appart and there was not even a slight amount of water in it it was bone dry..

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »

how about this one then... i am a seive mind..
i used the bus a lot going to work but i took the car now and then so this one day i had taken the car and parked up and went to work , had loads of things to do and forgot which street i parked in took me 3 hours walking trying to find it .
how can you forget that!!!!!!!!!

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »

My hopes and dreams.

Smiley

Junkman

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »

When i'm out detecting I have a tendancy to leave behind all the really interesting artefacts and coins in the ground Undecided

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal