Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectors You Would Never Use Again?  (Read 23381 times)
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »

I'm thinking of getting a more meaty detector some time later this year. My Ace 150 is serving me well for now, but I bought it as an entry level machine, and obviously I'll be looking to get something bigger and better at some point. So my question is this.

Many of you have had several detectors through the years. They all have their pros and cons, but I want to know what detectors have you had that you would NEVER use again and WHY. There are so many discussions on here regarding what is the best detector, so let's turn it on its head and get your opinions on what in your experience is the worst.

I understand there will be radically differing opinions about this, but I'd like to hear your thoughts please. Thanks, folks.

paddy
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:44:30 PM »

c scope dig to much iron infacked if if you looked beind me you would think i was plouhing the Field i was digging that Meany iron signals
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:25:57 PM »

Ohhh this is a difficult Question Mighy
What suits one detectorist might not suit another

Im going to really upset a few People with my next statment ,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,Id never buy/use a Minelab Explorer again, There ive said it  lol
Just didnt suit me.

I think my advice would be,
Untill your sure want machine is for you dont buy a new one,
with the Pre user market as it is, if you dont like the machine (after giving is a dame good go)
you could pass it on and not loose any moneyand in some cases you could make a few Bucks ;0)

Good luck on your Quest
Phil
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »

I think this is a very fair and sensible question.  So many people will ask "What is the best detector out there"  and clearly from past threads its not an answerable question.  Its like asking "whats the best tool out there"    it depends totally on the job you're going to use it for.

Now, what detector would you never use again?   At least would draw on machines negatives and in turn you can decide if that negative would stop you buying it.   eg.  The digital screen is not accurate......  Maybe you'll only be using the Audio so its not really relevant to your decision.

I'm rambling...........

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Debbie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »

Fishers - they pick up 'hot rocks'.  Give a darn good signal on them too  Cheesy
Deb
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »

id would.nt use a c-scope 99oxd.
i think they were made for picking up rust.lol.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Baby Owl
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

A C - Scope 660. An absolute nightmare to use.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 02:59:27 PM »

I'm with Debs on this on....Fisher
detectordave

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 03:03:46 PM »

Mini pluse PI stuck with it for over two years and found next to nothing with it swapped itin the end for a redheat mk11

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »

It,s got to be the fiisher 1266x  Angry what a Magnet Shocked

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

Whats the saying?"one mans food is another mans poison!" Roll Eyes I've borrowed other peoples detectors, some of them i liked, some i thought were garbage (polite word for what i wanted to say Grin ) all had one thing in common, there owners thought they were mustard and they were all doing the business and bringing home the bacon (how many cliches can i cram into this Cheesy ). Just because some people  cant get on with a machine, doesn't make it a bad machine, don't jump to any conclusions from this thread.
Salty Smiley

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Junkman

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »

In terms of one mans meat, another mans poison, some people have posted on here 'C Scopes' because they dig too much iron. Of my 3 machines, My C Scope R1 is the one that digs the LEAST iron. it's 7hz so it's iron discrimination is superb.

it's going to be tricky to say what would people never use again.

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
kaister

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

speaking of c.scope i had a 1220b, hardly ever dug iron, but it did like coke. I dont think there is any machine i have tried that i wouldnt use again, i eaven put some battrys in my micronta 2001 last year and had a go with again. Not saying i would take it on a serious hunt but i still used it.
 I think i said it before you need to learn the machine which takes time for any machine switch on and go or not.
I had my xp for nearly 2 years and i am still learning.

I try to get hammerd at least once a week.
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »

Just because some people  cant get on with a machine, doesn't make it a bad machine, don't jump to any conclusions from this thread.
Salty Smiley
Oh that's a fair comment, Karl. I didn't start this thread to rule out anything, just to listen to people's stories.

baden
Rally attendee

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »

A very valid point Karl...and , yes it's good to compare notes.....I use the 1220XD C-sope, and as mentioned above, yes, it;s gives a good indication over coke, but, when used to the machine, it is obvious that it is coke and does not mean extra digging........On a recent Rally I entered a field laden with the stuff, but whilst signals were very busy, all the good signals shon through....
I have had the unit for 11 years now, I look around and see some very nifty machines, very hight tech, but I have got to know my faithful machine so well and it drlivers the goods, I just can't part with it....
On the whole, I think it takes a long time to really get to know your machine and get to it's full potential.....at the end of the day the proof of the pud...etc  etc..... Cool

Tom   (baden)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal