Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: whispers in the wind  (Read 8368 times)
nfl
Superhero Member

« on: February 14, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »

hi all, just been on mlo website and heard rumours of explorer 4 coming out in the summer,hitting dealers in july, if it is true , hold on to your hats as it sopposed to be the dogs bow locks, anybody heard anything else on the subject.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:16:33 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »

This is actually a replacement for the e-trac from what i heared, the new name maybe is E-Pulse 1. So this is a new design. New name.
the good news is that a new flagship explorer is to be released later this year.
Limited information is available but here are a few facts about the new explorer 4 Some all new features that are known to been included with the new machine .
1. Colour LCD screen using advanced high definition graphics .
2. New multi pulse dual phase high power time delay system . The new system is a discriminating pulse induction system.
3. Depth is claimed to be 20 inches on coins.
4. New control box design is fairly similar to whites v3 in size but with much larger LCD meter .
5, The coil is a multi stacked coil , this means multiple coils stacked inside the housing to increase depth by a claimed 40%.
6, Details to dealers is expected July -august this year.
think i will sell my E trac now for one of these.ive been waiting for a nice pulse machine Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:31:12 PM by Gadget(Ian) » Logged

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
zorro
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »

any news on provisions for servicing machines in future. some rumours were that all future servicing of detectors would have to be sent to singapore!
i was told that singapore was just a manufacturing factory so would like to know from minelab themselves, sent 2 emails to them asking wherether servicing would continue to be handled in UK but got no reply from them, which is pretty poor
1morecoin
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »

Sounds really good, shame it weighs 2 stone with batteries   Grin
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »

is that with the attahed t.v and microwave. Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 08:02:36 AM »

I would be more worried as to howmuch its going to cost to get 20" depth on coins,

thats where most of roman lies ! 

Perhaps we ought have a competition guess the cost of new tector ?
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »

i shoul imagine that the cost will be anything from 1000/1500 i also think that it may cost detecting as a hobby a bit more as if you can pull finds from 20 inch then you are really going to be taking them from situ i wonder how the archis look at this.....any thoughts.?

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
14thc ring broac
1morecoin
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

Cost of detector, plus personal trainer to help build muscle tissue to carry the extra weight and dig those deep holes.  Grin  think i will stick with the T2.

Steve.
outlaw

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »

Quite deep to dig out a bottle top  Grin
kaister

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »

does it come with a bobcat or jcb to to the digging to nearly 2 foot?

I try to get hammerd at least once a week.
zorro
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 07:31:11 PM »

paulywow makes a very good point. it may prove an interesting argument from an archie point of view.
I personally have fund a £2 coin at over 17" on sand with a sovereign xs2a, verified by beachboy. my guess on price is in the £1500 region, as the new whites is coming in just below that, which also has a coloured LCD screen.
what i cant wait for though is the "field test" articles that will appear in some detecting magazines. you know these "testers" are going to fields that have been worn out only to find 3 hoards, 2 torc's and a childs lead toy soldier.
with claims that "not only did i locate a hammered coin at 30" but the machine even told me that it was an edward 1st shilling head side facing up....."
and convincing us that with this new detector you'll become rich beyond your wildest dreams. (whilst said reporter fails to mention he's just been given a free machine for his trouble)
Let the bull sh*t begin.
igglepiggle

R.A.R.E.Member

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »

detecting is a numbers game

the more you go out the more you find

if you are willing to believe the hype then good luck on your  £1500 magic wand

the old addage is" you have to pass over it to find it"

this would always be in your mind " how can I know for sure that I wouldn't have found it with my old machine"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:20:36 PM by igglepiggle » Logged

outlaw

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 08:33:01 PM »

Well Zorrow, has reality just struck home ! Exactly the same when e.trac was launched, old fields suddenly and mysteriously become alive ha ha.

Although I am happy as larry with my se pro, there is still an awful amount of explorer 11 users still out there and that speaks for its self.

I sometimes wonder whether we all are becoming too reliant on  these new machines and expect too much of them especially those costing £1000 + and

as igglepiggle has said you still whatever you use got to put the coil over a target !
zorro
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »

agree with you guys totally, my sovereign xs2a works fine for me. just because you've paid £1000 for a detector doesnt mean you find more.
years ago i was quite heavily involved in one of the earliest metal detecting web sites, sponsored to a large degree by a metal detecting  magazine.
wrote articles on such things as re-chargeable batteries, performance on multi frequency machines as opposed to single frequency etc.
Anyway i had suggested that a test bed by layed down, observed by representitives of all major manufacturers, allowed to settle, then tested by independent users to truely test the claims of some of the machines that were going about at the time.
I had asked if members of the site thought it would be a good idea. the response was huge! I also thought it would be a good idea for representitives from the main manufacturers to come along and "show us " how to get the best out of our machines.
a message was duely sent to me saying that  manufacturers had no intention of a "head to head" and to drop the idea!
Taught me a lesson on believeing claims made by manufacturers.
UK brian once told me "Wanna know how good a detector is ? check the second hand for sale columns "
If there are a load of "new" models going for sale they cant be all that good.
and believe me Brian is the most knowledgeable person there is when it comes to metal detectors....might have something to do with him being a professional detectorist for decades.
There is NOTHING he doesn't know about any model or make.(try him out).

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 02:42:47 PM »

ivehad my se for 2 years now ,and as this is my third machine i feel i am stickin with this 1,. even sites that i have been doing for ages are still bringing up good finds and to be honest i dont think a new machine will do any better,,more finds will come out of the ground when my fields get reploughed later this yearso i would rather pay the patience game and wait rather than paying 1500 for something that will only find the same stuff anyway........besides when minelab bring out the new jcb range{yellow only}it would be to big to carry and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of most guys price range. Grin 

2012 finds
29 hammys
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head