Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Des Dunne pushing e.trac in treasure mag !  (Read 12354 times)
altinkum

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 08:39:59 AM »

i'll tell you a true story about ja   when i was ringing around dealers for the best price on a f75 one dealer quoted me £480 which was £90 less than mrp. i rang ja and their best price was £530 when i told them the price i'd been quoted the assistant asked me to hold the line 30 secs later he came back and offered me a f75 for £480+a set of headphones if i told them the dealers name to which i declined and i've never used ja since then. it goes to show theres making a profit and making a killing

explorers, my arse
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 08:59:58 AM »

Greed, Mike all boils down to greed. I honestly think an im not getting into the explorer Deus debate its a bit like vauxhall an ford or levi and wrangler. I think whatever make you buy and spend time with you get used to it and for that reason you stick with that same maker. Im so used to the SE/ex11 with the sounds that going to a diff machine it takes time to get used to the different sounds, like the T2 for example totaly diferent sounds and I know it will take time to get used to. thats not to say its a worse/better machine its that the user isnt used to it. i stopped detecting for a yr but when i picked up the se i knew every setting straight away as if it was yesterday. I bet if I had XPs i would have gone back to them I think 90% is familiarity  with the machine which in turn gives confidence which results in finds.
altinkum

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

totaly agree with you paul but sometimes your preferred brand latest machine is not much better than what you allready have. i like whites but at the moment they have nothing in their mid range that will get near the f75 and the v3 is out of my price bracket so i'll carry on until a detector comes out that i think will better the f75 be it minelab/ whites/or whoever. dont be frightend of change

explorers, my arse
waltonbasinman
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:56 AM »

Interesting discussion here folks and in my case very relevant as I have the money in my pocket burning a hole to get my self a new machine. I originally went for the E Trac but because of comments made by fellow detectorists on DW I held back to see the proof of its alleged superiority, which really has not materialised and this has been backed up by the countless people who have bought one and admitted they have not really improved there find ratio. Two or three months down the line I have come to the conclusion from reviews ( but are they paid to say what they say), fellow users personal testimony, and noting users finds ratios what is the best value machine for the money. I came to the conclusion that it was  The T2 but blow me down with a bellows just as I make my decision they up the price £200 quid for what is basically the same machine. I like the look of the new T2 limited but am again in that situation of now what do I purchase as I feel not right about buying something that two weeks ago was two hundred quid less new. I just feel so reluctant to buy a new machine at the moment. Shocked Shocked
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 10:21:18 AM »

paul can i ask what machine you're using now?
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 11:21:30 AM »

I don't think you can blame Minelab for  Joan Allen being sole distributors as that's the way the market is set up ie XP, Garret and Tecnetiks are only available through Regton.

Yes, Geoff, you are right. But, you don't see Regton throwing their teddies out of the pram if you import a Garrett or XP.

Also, I have heard so many horror stories about JA lack of customer care and after sales service. They're great when you buying and after that you are alone.

I prefer Evergreen and Detecnicks although I appreciate there are other firms out there that are excellent as well.
Coinshooter was good but he's now closed down for personal reasons.

I think there's a good Forum debate on Good Service from Dealers and Recommended Dealers!

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »

Regton may not throw the toys out, but they still won't touch them if they go wrong. Yes I agree Detecnicks and Evergreen are some of the best, but unfortunately they have to buy from JA and Regton so they can only do what their retailer agreement allows.
altinkum

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »

i.ve allways found pepsi piro to be cheaper than all other retailers and not by a few pence

explorers, my arse
waltonbasinman
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »

paul can i ask what machine you're using now?

A Minelab Quattro Paul and I am more than happy with it but just want a second machine. Finding a good mixture with it including hammered but not the small hammered, just the larger Liz one 6 pences etc. But on a test bed it does find the smaller ones. As the Quattro gets older at some time it will fail so just want a new machine for main use and back up with the Quattro and would be keen on the challenge of a new machine.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »

Interesting discussion here folks and in my case very relevant as I have the money in my pocket burning a hole to get my self a new machine. I originally went for the E Trac but because of comments made by fellow detectorists on DW I held back to see the proof of its alleged superiority, which really has not materialised and this has been backed up by the countless people who have bought one and admitted they have not really improved there find ratio. {

Two or three months down the line I have come to the conclusion from reviews ( but are they paid to say what they say),

When i questioned the validity of certain posts trying to in my opinion to over exagerate
the performance of the e.trac on mlo, I received a very nasty bloody nose ! Yet there were a lot of people who followed the posts and bought this e.trac and also sold them on a later. (varying excuses too heavy ) ! for one.

We all have to be very weary of what we buy especially when detectors are £1000 plus, very careful indeed.

How often do we use a second detector ?

Do we buy another detector because we think we are missing targets that other detectors appear to find.
Well we read that they do, but on their own fields, I can understand how frustrating and worrying it can be when trying to buy a new detector.

I think you have to rely more so on close detecting buddies than written reviews in mags.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:31:03 PM by outlaw » Logged
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »

It has always been said in fishing that in tackle shops there are things to catch fish and things to catch fishermen, I suppose the same rings true with metal detectors
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »

Well said that man  Grin Grin
igglepiggle

R.A.R.E.Member

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »

detecting is the same as fishing exept you go looking for the fish instead of the fish coming to you

metaphorically speaking
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:33:10 PM by igglepiggle » Logged

Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 07:51:26 PM »

way over my head metaphorically speaking of course
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »

I believe the Etrac is "probably" the best commercial detector out there a far as depth and sensitivity are concerned and for those moving from the Explorer it is an obvious improvement, But if moving from other makes and models the difference can be off-putting as far as the slow recovery, weight and dodgy audio.
It is a very versatile machine that can be adapted to the majority of sites, which unfortunately is one thing that most users fail to do and wonder why on some sites the guy with a tesoro is making more finds than them.
It definitely fits in to the Dedicated user category and as such is not (in my opinion) as much fun to use as other makes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal