Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Des Dunne pushing e.trac in treasure mag !  (Read 12348 times)
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« on: January 09, 2010, 05:58:10 PM »

Hi,

The turned upside down explorer 11 / se pro hmmmmm oh yes they call it the e.trac !

I see Des Dunne having another go in explaining how easy the e.trac is to use.

Not that long ago he tried explaining it over 2 monthly editions ( approx- 8 pages long )  Roll Eyes how easy it was to use, Grin

One thinks the sales might be suffering since the Deus has hit the market and I see, some moving away from e.trac onto this Deus.

Having said all that, I am still happy with my explorer se pro  and it will find anything the e.trac does and costs less  Grin

I wish minelab would clarify if there is a difference in microprocessor between se and e.trac ?? Then i would accept its a completely new concept !

E.trac is old news now, come on minelab come out with something better than the Deus ! Grin

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:16:30 PM by outlaw » Logged
altinkum

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »

as long as the minelab faithful are buying the next wonder machine i dont think minelab will be to worried about the Deus. a lot of detectorist's stay loyal to their chosen manufactuer you only have to go on the xp or mlo sites to see that so whatever they churn out be it better or worse than the last model the faithful will still buy it

explorers, my arse
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »

ok

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »

I expect they let Desse have a few pages every now and again, gratis, to push the virtues of the Minelab range.

After all, Minelab do a lot of advertising with the TH.

The XP Deus still hasn't really reached these shores due to a shortage of them as they are in the middle of moving factory. Talk about timing!

When the Deus is on un-restricted supply, and IF the performance is up to the hype, I expect Minelab to drop the price of the ET. (Don't forget it was £999 when first released....and then the robbing b******s put it up to £1249+)

Desse may well be back with another article  Grin

1morecoin
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »

I can't comment on the Deus as i have never used one, but I have used lots of Minelabs and I still think the Sovereign is the best beach machine you can get.
But I think the way forward is not to bring machines quickly on to the market with little changes just to make a quick buck, which I think Minelab are doing at the moment, but instead listen to detectorists needs.
I think the F75, T2 & THE XP machines are at the top of Metal detector design at the moment,and I think Minelab got as close to perfection as they are going to get with their Sovereign Elite and Explorer XS, Minelab need to go back and rethink their products for the future.

Just my thoughts,

Steve.
outlaw

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »

RJM, you cannot be far from the truth there ! Minelab spend a lot of dosh advertising.

It just seemed a little odd to me, isnt it now a year old, and to still see the need to explain
still over a number of pages, how to program the e.trac.

is it that easy then  Grin this e.trac  Grin

I own a sov elite as well, and still use it on occasions and yes it was and still is a formidable beach detector !

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 09:26:45 PM »

I can't comment on the Deus as i have never used one, but I have used lots of Minelabs and I still think the Sovereign is the best beach machine you can get.
But I think the way forward is not to bring machines quickly on to the market with little changes just to make a quick buck, which I think Minelab are doing at the moment, but instead listen to detectorists needs.
I think the F75, T2 & THE XP machines are at the top of Metal detector design at the moment,and I think Minelab got as close to perfection as they are going to get with their Sovereign Elite and Explorer XS, Minelab need to go back and rethink their products for the future.

Just my thoughts,

Steve.

I have to agree with what you said about Minelab drip feeding machines. I can't understand how they couldn't have made the ET a LOT lighter and with cordless headphones.

Can't comment much about the F75 and T2 as I haven't used them. I understand their performance is excellent and the latest T2 has addressed its earlier build quality problems.

XP range (of which I have had all) is excellent with recovery speed probably being the best out there. (Ideal for iron infested sites or hammered/small coin hunting).

Don't forget the V3..... I'm in the process of learning with it but quite impressed so far. Haven't used the 22.5Khz program on it's own yet but I have heard it's not too far off XP Goldmaxx with recovery speed..........plus you have the additional informative screens and Autotrac as well.

I'd love to see Minelab bring a totally different concept machine to the market instead of a re-hash of what they already offer. Ideas are switcheable chooseable one or more  frequencies or whatever instead of present 28 to aid faster processing and recovery speed, Live controls like V3, colour screens, weight reduced by half, etc etc

I'd be interested in reading Desse reviewing one of these instead of just going through what's already in the ET manual !

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »

Two new mods for the Minelab machines i reckon would be very worth while,is a new Sov with the faster microprocessor from the E.Trac,and to come standard with a straight shaft, and a lighter version on the Explorer. Say along the lines of the X-terras,but also on a straight shaft.
Just my thoughts Smiley

We (the public) don't know what processor is in the E Trac or Safari as Minelab will not reveal.

On the contrary, Whites are quite open about what processor is in their V3.

Why Minelab can't be open and honest I don't know; I suspect it's becasue they have something to hide.

1morecoin
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

Apparently Minelabs new Explorer ET + has a programme which you can use as many or as little frequencies as you like, I believe the introductory price will be £8500  Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »

Even at that price they will have a following .........

Minelab users are like Labour voters.....you can put a red rosette on a donkey and they'd still go for it!!!!  Grin  LOL

(OK OK ..........Don't kill me...........I'm only joking.........  (or am I??)   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

outlaw

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »

Living dangerously rjm  Grin   Wales used to be a labour stronghold before Gordon ha ha  Grin

Its interesting to see other peoples view.

One wonders whether minelab havent got anything to offer in 2010 except rehashing
the e.trac manual, well for the time being , one hopes !

I would have much preferred to have read a couple of pages of how minelab are
looking to the future technologies, than old news. Roll Eyes

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »

Me too!

Minealb are very cunning and have stunted the free market by having it's sole UK distributor as Joan Allen.

JA sell on to other dealers and JA dictate what price they can sell the machines. Behold the UK dealer that
imports Minelab machines himself and sells them !!!!!!!!!!!!! Minelab will find out (from serial numbers) who
did the supplying and cut off their supply.

Also, try getting an imported Minelab repaired under warranty that wasn't purchased in the UK.

Totally in contravention of EU rules of free trade.

Add this to their refusal to publically reveal the processor used in their machines, their drip feeding of re-hashed
technology and it all makes you wonder.........well, those of us who are free thinking !!
what

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »

I don't think you can blame Minelab for  Joan Allen being sole distributors as that's the way the market is set up ie XP, Garret and Tecnetiks are only available through Regton.

1morecoin
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

All I can say about Joan Allen is never again, what a terrible service and attitude.  Angry
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 11:44:20 PM »

I have to agree, back in the 70/80's they were brilliant but I wouldn't but a battery of them now.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal