Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Handy tips for Fisher F75 and T2 owners !  (Read 5966 times)
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:10:51 AM »

Moisture can get into the spare adjustment holes just under the Elbow cuff this could effect the Battery box on/off volume switch and the main control box
Simple cover the holes with insulation tape or use little rubber grommets available from motor factors or Diy stores

When i buy i new machine i always look for ways of protecting the resale value.
I sometimes cover anything that can get scratched dented or damaged in Vet Wrap its a non sticky tape (Just sticks to itself) its available loads of colours and if you wind it around a few times its water proof !
at the end of a days mucky detecting i just hose,s the detector down carefully and towel dry
Its easily removed and can cost anything from £2.50 to £5.00 a role available for good pet shops and farm shops

Ive recently started using fishing rod shrink wrap on the stems of my detectors you just slip the over sized wrap over your tubes and carefully pour hot water from a kettle the shrink wrap does what it says on the tin it shrinks to the size of our tubes protecting it in a thick layer of plastic comes in loads of colours and available from Fishing shops.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:54:02 PM by Phil Ynysboeth/Pendine » Logged
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:19:06 AM »

if you leave your coil cover on for any length of time it can weld itself to the coil
The coil cover is very complicated and not very strong so you have to be very carefull not to crack it.
In the past ive soaked the coil in warm soapy water and slowly eased it off
then to stop it sticking again i apply an heavy oil such as Gearbox oil to the mating surfaces of the coil and cover.

anyone else got some good tip,s for careing for your T2 /F75 Huh?
miffin
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:13:50 AM »

I bought a childs place mat, drew round the coil and cut it out then cable tied it to the coil.  It not only protects the coil and coil cover, it is great when tecting on stubble or longer grass.  The machine performs the same and the pinpoint is still spot on.  I will try to add some pics now but never done it before so fingers crossed.  Can't seem to get the pics on.  Will have to research to see what I am doing wrong.  Ah, they have appeared now.

Brian

Brian
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »

Good tip Brian

I bet the extra weight really helps to cut through the stubble and long grass.

I find the F75 coil very light compared with say a standard Explorer coil
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:54:46 PM by Phil Ynysboeth/Pendine » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal